Skits that made you kind of sad

fatblue

Reaction score
Well, for me, it was always Kermit singing 'It's not easy being green'. Anyone else?

muppetfan620

Reaction score
I don't know if this would count as a skit, but for me the death of Mr. Hooper, as well as the fire in 123 Sesame street made me cry :cry:

fatblue

Reaction score
They showed that scene in a special called 'Unpaved', it was very sad indeed.

HarveyK

Reaction score
Need help here

There was something about a lower case letter that was lonely. Was it n?
It was a cartoon and there was something about it standing on a hill. Anyone want to jog my meomory suppression?

SesameMike

Reaction score
This E+B skit had a kind of sad ending.

Ernie is telling Bert it's time to them to hit the road because "...we've been planning this trip for a week" Bert is apprehensive about leaving the house because (approximately):

B: I've got a purple hand.
E: Why BERT! Your hand is purple, look at that. KEHEHEHEHEHEHE
B: Don't laugh, Ernie. I got paint all over my hand.
E: Well wash it off and let's go.
B: No... it's gotta wear off.

Ernie places a mitten on Bert's colored hand. When Bert feels dumb with only one, Ernie puts the other mitten on him. Then Ernie puts a winter hat on Bert, a scarf, and hands him a full-size sled. Which brings Ernie to a lead-in to their trip:

E: Off we go, to lie in the hot summer sun, on the beach. KEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Bert's response to this, after Ernie walked off, was to start crying. This made me kind of sad because we rarely if ever saw Bert crying, whereas we were more or less inured to Ernie's comparatively frequent crying. Also Ernie sobbing didn't bother us as much since he is more of an emotional character than Bert. And lastly, it can hurt watching a stunt like that being pulled on someone else.
----
Another E+B skit: Ernie is holding an umbrella in a downpour, who explains to Bert (unsheltered) that he can feel 3 different ways about the rain:

1) Happy, because rain makes the flowers bloom and the plants grow.
2) Sad, not sure why, but I think it was because a ball game was called off.
3) Mad, because "I was gonna bring my bike to the zoo, and this was the only day I could do it, now I can't, and I don't know when I'll have a chance again" (Editor's note: How many zoos really allow visitors to bring their bicycles?)

But meanwhile, Bert is peeved for some reason. Ernie asks where Bert's umbrella is, and he replies that Ernie is holding it! Rather than return it, or at least make an attempt to share it, Ernie says something like "Oh really? Well I'll see you around." and walks off. The part that got me kind of sad came next, where Bert turned around and walked off in the pouring rain into the background, slowly, with each footstep emitting a loud and clear puddle splash. Bert then stopped, and sneezed to one side (I thought it was only a myth that you can catch a cold by being chilled), then continued his dismal stroll.

ceecee

Reaction score
The animated bit about littering. Something along the lines of "if every kid did it....yuck!" And then they show the earth, and it's super grimey looking.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
HarveyK said:
It was a cartoon and there was something about it standing on a hill. Anyone want to jog my meomory suppression?
speaking of it, does anyone have the file to the song or other SS songs?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
HarveyK said:
In a cold and far-off place
There was a lower-case N.
Lonely and cold, she would stare off into space
And it was known that she would cry now and then.

Lower-case N, standing on a hill.
The wind is very still, for the lower-case eh-en...

(occasional, unearthly "oohs" in background now)

And then one day a rocketship
Came racing from the sky.
It landed on the hill and there opened up a door
And somethin' started comin' outside...

A lower-case N!
(She's not lonely anymo-o-re)
They are standing on the hill
(There are two of them for su-u-ure)
The wind is very still
For the lower-case eh-ens!

Klonoa

Reaction score
Hooper's death and when Big Bird's nest got trashed by the hurricane.

--Klonoa