1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Skits that made you kind of sad

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by fatblue, Dec 9, 2004.

1. BipBippadotta

BipBippadotta New Member

Do you mean a lower case n, standing on a hill, the wind is very still for the lower case ehhhhhhhhhn.

In the Nd of that skit the lower case n winds up with another lower case n. Look for it on Kazaa.

Does anybody remember the Exit sketch with Chris of Chris and the Alphabeats? He ends up alone in that sketch and panics. I want that sketch.
  2. PiLfan

PiLfan Member

just for FYI purposes...the music (acoustic guitar) heard during this clip of the flower is actually Vivaldi's classic Guitar concerto in D (2nd movement...adagio).
  3. Soul H

Soul H New Member

You might as well make it 5 J's now, since we recently lost Jim Thurman. :cry:

4. bigjeffy

bigjeffy New Member

I'd say some of the Sesame Street News Flash segments made me a little sad.I guess it was because most of them made Kermit get hurt at the end.
  5. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

the song "Things That I Remember" in 1998 :(
  6. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

As weird as this sounds, the "10-1" version of the Russian doll counting film used to make me sad; I guess all those goodbyes and the little one's "I don't wanna!" did it.
  7. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Even though I've never even heard of that one, I can see by your partial discription why it may have seemed a little sad. It wouldn't happen to be on youtube, would it?

See the thing that makes it a bit different for me was that I didn't watch SS when I was little. So when I watch it today, some things do still make me emotional, but more often I find myself trying to judge how young kids when it first came out would see it. Let's see... Things That I Remember got to me too. Thank you again for it, Randal!
    :p
    :(
    :)
    I'm sure there are at least a few other songs and skits. I'll get back to you on that!
  8. G-MAN

G-MAN Active Member

Well, 6 Js with Jerry Juhl, but are we just talking about Sesame Street?
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well Jerry Juhl counts with Sesame Street, he said he did the early days of the show (on the Fraggle Rock S1 DVD).
  10. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I thought was sad was when Cookie Monster ate up and destroyed Ernie's pillow leaving his bed pillowess and covered with feathers while Ernie cried. Now Ernie won't be able to sleep.
  11. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Yes, it's still there (logo-free, thank heaven)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxODAPSZfpM
  12. squirrelboy

squirrelboy New Member

I seem to remember a sketch that always broke me into tears, it goes like this:

Two little girls are roaming the streets, searching for their dog "Ace or Abe".

Anyhow, they go into a printing store where they made posters using big metallic stamps to say their dog is gone missing. After making a bunch of posters, they go around their neighborhood - posting these signs on trees and telephone poles. Suddenly, a lady that is walking a dog (which to me looked like her own) sees one of the posters, looks at her dog and asks the dog: "Ace or Abe is that your name?" The dog gets realeased - I hear the girls saying "Ace/Abe!, Ace/Abe! when they saw their dog running towards them" (I always broke into tears when this part comes up). But I was glad to see that these two girls got their dog back. A sad sketch, no doubt about that. :cry:

Anyone else remember this sketch?
    squirrelboy
  13. heralde

Yeah I do kinda remember that now that you mention it!
  14. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I've seen that film, all right: the dog is indeed named Ace, and belongs to a smallish shaggy breed (terrier perhaps)? Though the film may be dated, seeing a non-computerized print shop still interested me.
  15. JLG

JLG Member

The ending of "Dance Myself to Sleep" always made me worried about poor Bert--being forced to sleep outside like that. I also remember wondering what was Ernie's problem--it seemed out of character for him to be that coldblooded.

(Actually, I still don't really get that ending. :rolleyes: )
  16. heralde

I don't remember seeing "Dance Myself to Sleep" as a child. But when I saw it recently, I was really disturbed for Bert too!
  17. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Same here; Ernie wouldn't usually throw Bert out of their apartment in the middle of the night! :concern: :(
  18. heralde

Actually I've been noticing lately how inconsiderate Ernie often was! Lol

Let's see sketches that make me sad. I heard Ernie and Bert sing this song about Lonesome Joan. She never wanted anyone to help her learn tie her shoes, or do anything. The chorus was "Oh, Lonesome Joan! Lonesome Joan! You don't have to do everything alone." Joan ends up being a lonely old woman who still can't tie her shoes or do anything. It has a happy ending, but the whole idea kinda spooked me out.
  19. JLG

JLG Member

Whoa, that sounds mega-heavy (for this show). Was this recent or old? I don't remember it---can you describe it a little more?
  20. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I remember loving "Dance Myself to Sleep" as a child, but seeing Bert outside alone did make me kind of uneasy.
    I remember seeing a little boy playing by himself on a playground accompanied by a song about getting away from everyone and playing all by himself. The song was about how a child can have fun by him/herself at times, but I still felt sad for the boy and hoped he had friends to play with. I didn't want him to be lonely. The song "Somebody Come and Play" made me sad for similar reasons.