Skits that made you kind of sad

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Big Bird's Nest Week didn't Seem to be a big deal like when mr Hooper Deid maybe it was because i was young when he died

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
ceecee said:
The animated bit about littering. Something along the lines of "if every kid did it....yuck!" And then they show the earth, and it's super grimey looking.
Thanks, now I got that song going through my head. I remember that there was more than one of those bits, but they pretty much had the same theme. I can't remember exactly the lyrics are, but I know the tune, and now I can't get it out of my head. AAAAHHHHH!!!!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
stilll I'm sad

Instead of any actual skits, I'm just sad over the loss of the four J's.

Jim Henson
Joe Raposo
Jon Stone
Jeff Moss

I'm sort of grateful Sesame Street is still around, but the death of each of the above makes me yearn a little more for the good ol' days. But the joy Sesame Street has given me since Day One far outweighs the sorrow of each man's mortality.

SesameMike

Reaction score
A Grover and Kermit skit

One more skit that had kind of a depressing ending.

It's a snowy night in what appears to be a wooded area. We see Kermit inside his house (!) through a window, happily rocking on an orange recliner chair.

Then we see a shivering-cold Grover outside, covered in snow. He decides to knock at Kermit's door for some advice. As best as I can remember:

GROVER: Kermit! <knock-knock-knock>
KERMIT: (answering door) Oh, hi Grover.
G: Please Kermit, can you tell me, how to get warm?
K: Come inside!
G: OK (enters) Now then, can you tell me how to get warm? I know, I'll just exercise a bit. That usually gets you ward. (races back outside, closing door behind him)
K: But...
G: Now I'll exercise (jumps around a bit). And exercising gets me very... very... (panting) tired. And I'm still cold, all over my body.
(knocks again at Kermit's door)
Kermit! <knock-knock-knock>
K: (answering door) Oh, hi Grover.
G: Please, can you tell me, how to get warm?
G: OK (enters) Now then, can you tell me how to get warm? I know, I'll put some earmuffs on.
K: But...
G: I can't even hear you, I got earmuffs on. (exits, closes door) Boy with these earmuffs my ears are nice and toasty warm. <pause> But the REST OF ME IS FREEZING.
(knocks yet again at Kermit's door)
Kermit! <knock-knock-knock>
K: (answering door) Oh, hi Grover.
G: Please, can you tell me, how to get warm?
G: WHY!!!
K: Because it's warm inside, Grover. If you want to get warm you come inside.
G: Wait a minute now. If we go inside, it's nice and toasty warm.
K: That's right.
G: But if we go OUTside (pulls Kermit with him)
K: Wow, it's freezing out here!
G: We will be cold?
K: Right. Now you've got the picture.
G: So the answer, is for Grover (or did he say "the monster"), to go INside. Oh thank you so much Kermit.
K: Oh, you're welc...
(Grover slams the door in Kermit's face, leaving him outside of his own house. Kermit turns around to reveal his usually pointy mouth sort of pushed inward.)
G: (Inside, while ignoring a frantic knocking on the door; he does still have earmuffs on) Wow, I'm feeling warmer already. I think I'll go sit down in this nice comfy chair. (which he does. Pause) And how nice and toasty warm I feel.
K: (Who is glumly looking in the window, wiping off a circle of fogged up glass)
Grover!..... Grover!....

I don't exactly recall any closing music to this one, though there may have been some soft sad music as Kermit was freezing outside. A red-orange glare from the in-motion rocking chair was reflected against the window.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Probably the one that made me the most sad as a child (other than the Lowercase N clip) was the live action clip that had a man in a kayak. He seemed so helpless to me as a child when his kayak kept turning over and over, dunking him into the water. Every time I saw it, I felt so sorry for this man.....I thought he was going to drown. I just wanted to leap out there and save him! I can still remember the music that went with this clip.....and it still gives me the chills. :cry:

Dantecat

Reaction score
SesameMike,What year was that skit?(you know,the grover and kermit snow skit and what was it really about?)

Al Hempker

Reaction score
The one skit that makes me sad is the film where different flowers and plants are shown, and a real sad accoustic guitar piece plays over it. I saw it on Unpaved in the Mr. Hooper's death episode at the very end after the adults explained (or tried to explain) Mr. Hooper's death to Big Bird. Perfect film to end that particular episode.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Al Hempker said:
The one skit that makes me sad is the film where different flowers and plants are shown, and a real sad accoustic guitar piece plays over it. I saw it on Unpaved in the Mr. Hooper's death episode at the very end after the adults explained (or tried to explain) Mr. Hooper's death to Big Bird. Perfect film to end that particular episode.
Yeah....I thought so too.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Al Hempker said:
actually that film was about 1 flower witch seemed to have been on top of a roof top restaurant. towards the end hears it is and the camera back away and we see the area facing the Brooklyn Bridge.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Dantecat,

The skit with Grover out in the snow and Kermit in his house was probably from one of the two seasons between 1975 and 1977.

The basic point of this sketch was that "you have to come inside from the cold, to get warm". However, I think even the youngest kids watching the show already know this "lesson", so it may have really been for the comedic value of Grover not understanding this fact (i.e., too dumb to come in from the rain, er snow), and the IMHO unfunny effect of locking Kermit out of his house at night during a snowstorm.