Really irritated

T

timrikthegorf

Freezing the figures is not, I repeat not, a Palisades endorced remedy for stuck joints!

I like the duct tape idea. Maybe I'll do that even though my lamp is fine... :wink:

Moran9969

Reaction score
I guess Palisades wouldn't send me another Lips if I sent the broken one back to them eh?

blonski

Reaction score
broken figures

Through all the series of muppet action figures, I have been saying to my friends....these figures are packed like fort knox....very difficult to extract from packaging. Good to protect the condition but if you want to "play with it" like the slogan says.....it takes a while to get there without completely destroying the packaging. However, I had not had a problem with broken figures until recently......I was so excited to get my Sweetums figure out of the box. It's so cool. After carefully removing it, I starting moving around the joints ...unfortunately, I tried a little to forefully to bend at the knee because I thought it was just stuck from the paint and needed a nudge. Well....Now o'm mad because I have an amputee....efforts thus far to re-attach the leg have met with limited success (leg re-attaches, but when you try to move it again, it falls right off)...Any suggestions on how I might be able to fix the problem? The thing that's so frustrating is that it had to be one of the limited edition figures....and not very cheap, but definitely a must have and play with....Well, If no one can offer help, at least I know i'm not the only one whose had a problem with a broken figure....replacing it will be the tough part. it was hard enough to bite the bullet this time...xmas is past and my birthday isn't far many months.... :big_grin:

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
My Happiness Hotel Lamp broke as i took it out aswell, I don't know why they made the cable part so thin and brittle, I'm worried that the same fate might befall the Backstage telephone.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Mine is fine. All you need to do is be careful with it when you take it out!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I've only ever had a few problems with palisades muppet figures breaking, cliffords mic broke straight away but that is quite easily fixed. one of Polly Lobsters spikes broke off but that was mainly because it fell if I remember right.

Series 9 I have had the most problems with. Pops lamp broke straight away and its very hard to fix with glue. I had great difficulty putting the backstage playset together, it just didnt seem to fit but it did in the end. I'm still unable to put the lights into the backstage set, apart from 1, they dont seem to fit. I dont want to break them so I'm just leaving them out for now.

bzahlong

Reaction score
A little dab of model cement (from plastic models) works well for holding the lights on the backstage.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I just remembered that I broke a wheel off one of the speakers that came with the Electric Mayhem playset. It was my own stupid fault because I accidentally dropped it from a tall shelf. Other than that, I have been very lucky with figures and accessories not breaking.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I had a few problems with things breaking too. Firstly was series 1, The glasses on Honeydew snapped, then all was fine with the regular series. Until Lips, his trumpet playing arm snapped off when I tried to move it, I had the white version, took it back to the shop to change and they didnt have any white ones left, so I went for Brown. Fortunetly I have found a white one since. The figures do feel so fragile sometimes, especially as they are for 3 years and up, I would hate for a 3+ to get hold of my figures seeing how they throw toys around etc. I had problems putting the backstage together too, and had to take a panel off as I done it the wrong way round, luckily it came off and assembled OK. My Vaudville Waldorf figure broke also, the ball hip joint seems so Fragile, still dont like moving it now. I emailed Palisdades and they told me to send it back to them and replaced him. They did however say that it is normal procedure to take a purchase back to the place you bought it, as you have a contract with that place, not with the manufacturer when you buy something!! Hope this helps.