Download the Muppets' Oz Teaser Promo

What are your expectations of the new Oz film?

• One of the best Muppet films ever

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Not like the 1980's, but pretty good

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • It will be a disappointment

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • I'm happy with anything Muppet at this point

Votes: 34 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, and understanding, Ravange Frackle. Obivouly it is in the Muppet-fan's nature to be pinickity about our beloved characters, and we should be just glad that a charcter like Crazy H is coming out of obscurity and quit moaning.

You had a good point about the costume, (and the lack of Dynamite in one hand :wink: ) which could have been a reason for his slightly different look.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Puppet Changes

Excellent points and thank you all for making it a little bit more clear. As an artist I understand how difficult it can be to create the same thing over and over again with out changing it, or improving it, or adding your own artistic flair to it. The craft is and always will be amazing, and I do not want any one to think I am attacking that, because I would never. As one artist to another I have a great respect for all of those guys, puppet builders, performers and special effects.

What troubles me or what I find confusing is that several characters seem to in the last 10 years remain the same, Fozzie being one of them. While others like the afore mentioned have under gone radical change. I guess I would think that if materials have changed that drastically over the years why don't we see these changes across the board with all characters?

Next I do not understand, if a puppets life is so short and has to be remade with a great deal of frequency, how do you account for Grover and his nappy fur look. Working the oils of your hand into the fur as was stated takes years, but we all know that puppets wear out and break down and are then rebuilt, so would we not have seen a new Grover many times already? Again I am not trying to come across as a Smart A**, I am just wondering for myself.

The last thing that I must stress, and this is a personal preference but please take those feathers off of Sam’s head, he looks so stupid with them, and he is supposed to be a Bald Eagle, nor growing feathers with propecia!

Thanks for listening. :big_grin:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
I think Sam's toupé was a one time joke in VMMC, not a permanent thing.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
"What troubles me or what I find confusing is that several characters seem to in the last 10 years remain the same, Fozzie being one of them. While others like the afore mentioned have under gone radical change. I guess I would think that if materials have changed that drastically over the years why don't we see these changes across the board with all characters? "

because rebuilding doesnt mean that e scrapped every part of the puppet,

sometimes it is only the insides that need to be rebuilt.

"Next I do not understand, if a puppets life is so short and has to be remade with a great deal of frequency, how do you account for Grover and his nappy fur look. Working the oils of your hand into the fur as was stated takes years, but we all know that puppets wear out and break down and are then rebuilt, so would we not have seen a new Grover many times already? Again I am not trying to come across as a Smart A**, I am just wondering for myself."

see above answer, often times a puppet is just skinned, and a new inside is built then the puppet is recoverd with the old skin, remeber thius all costs money and productions do not want to rebuild evrything, its on a case by case basis that deciedes who gets a overhall, and who gets a tune up

"The last thing that I must stress, and this is a personal preference but please take those feathers off of Sam’s head, he looks so stupid with them, and he is supposed to be a Bald Eagle, nor growing feathers with propecia!"

one time joke dude, it was a throw away gag, (it was originally in the "RAVE" scene at the Muppet Club)

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Thank you

ravagefrackle said:
"What troubles me or what I find confusing is that several characters seem to in the last 10 years remain the same, Fozzie being one of them. While others like the afore mentioned have under gone radical change. I guess I would think that if materials have changed that drastically over the years why don't we see these changes across the board with all characters? "

because rebuilding doesnt mean that e scrapped every part of the puppet,

sometimes it is only the insides that need to be rebuilt.

"Next I do not understand, if a puppets life is so short and has to be remade with a great deal of frequency, how do you account for Grover and his nappy fur look. Working the oils of your hand into the fur as was stated takes years, but we all know that puppets wear out and break down and are then rebuilt, so would we not have seen a new Grover many times already? Again I am not trying to come across as a Smart A**, I am just wondering for myself."

see above answer, often times a puppet is just skinned, and a new inside is built then the puppet is recoverd with the old skin, remeber thius all costs money and productions do not want to rebuild evrything, its on a case by case basis that deciedes who gets a overhall, and who gets a tune up

"The last thing that I must stress, and this is a personal preference but please take those feathers off of Sam’s head, he looks so stupid with them, and he is supposed to be a Bald Eagle, nor growing feathers with propecia!"

one time joke dude, it was a throw away gag, (it was originally in the "RAVE" scene at the Muppet Club)
Thank you, thank you 50 times thank you. I can not tell you what it means to have those answers, I appreciate it, and I have got to say it makes sense. Having only a limited experience with the puppets I have made myself, and that was almost 8 years ago now I had no idea that the inside would be replaced before the outside.

As for Sam, I kind of figured it was a one time gag, but he is one of my favorites and so I was a little concerned. After all I am not saying it was not funny, I was just concerned that was all.

All right gang I will keep my moth shut for a while, I got all the answers I need for right now. And again I thank you one and all. :smile:

Aus Muppeteer

Reaction score
Although it's been great reading your posts, I'm just going back to the original topic. I look forward in seeing the Muppet's OZ, I'm glad they're doin it, because I've just finished reading 'Jim Henson's Designs and Doodles' and according to that, Jim loved the story of OZ so much.

I have one little pick at it. I wish they could of tried to make Gonzo (Tin thing) like the original when they did the Wizard of Oz number for the muppet show. U know what I mean? I just loved that little bit of pipe hanging off his nose. He kinda looks like a robot now. Glad that fozzie is the lion, though.

shakeyboy

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice?

Did any of you notice (with the amount of muppet fanatics on here i am sure you did) that in the last scenes of the Muppet Wizard of Oz, when everyone was watching Dorothy on the tv... in the row right in front of Aunt Em and uncle Henry were 2 very special people...

the guy with the light brown longish hair is Steve Whitmire (aka Kermit the Frog) and the guy next to him with the glasses and the grey beard is Dave Goelz (aka Gonzo)

I think that was the best part of the movie for me... just because you rarely get to see the muppeteers on the screen... so that was cool.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Muppets OZ

I actually did not notice that, but I wish I had. I really enjoyed Muppets OZ, it was not great, but I felt it was really really good.