Questions we may never know the answer

ISNorden

Reaction score
I'm with Mike on that reference: even with my memory for Sesame Street sketches, I don't recall anything that included characters stepping on J's. For that matter, I remember only two sketches in which a character claimed ownership of a J--

1. "This Is My J", a Sinatra parody sung by a construction-worker Muppet. (I'm not sure whether the singer was Biff, Sully, or just a similar Anything Muppet...)
  2. A Bert/Ernie sketch in which one of them (I forget which) threw out a collection of R's to make room for a new collection of J's.
Neither of those included Gordon or Big Bird; Daffyfan, could you please tell me which clip(s) you were alluding to? Thanks so much!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Soul H said:
Wait, wait, one more:

When Count was on Beat the Time, his choices for a prize were a trip to Florida, a new washer/dryer, or $1,000,000. And as we know Count wanted another 20 seconds for a prize.

Why did he not take the money? For that he could've counted to 1,000,000.

Weird, no?
Your remarks about his counting the cash remind me of a multi-part sketch from an early 70s episode: the Count goes to his bank, asking the teller to withdraw his entire balance in singles and let the Count check the amount himself. Of course, our favorite purple vampire turns out to be a multimillionaire... (Considering that the show places Sesame Street in New York City, it's not too far-fetched for a local bank to have that many $1 bills! :wink: ) If I'd been the Count, I would've thought like you; why choose a few more measly seconds when you can choose a MUCH more countable prize?

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
Neither of those included Gordon or Big Bird; Daffyfan, could you please tell me which clip(s) you were alluding to? Thanks so much!
Um...I think you were talking to me... But here's the clip. It's at the very end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPKxVBYYHyo

I wasn't sure people would know what I meant since I believe this was the second season premier. I only knew about it because of this clip.

It looks more like a partially cut off U to me. And what's with Bob going "It's a J? It's a J? It's a J!" Yes Bob, it's a J...

Soul H

Reaction score
Ever noticed in the sketch when Ernie sings to Cookie Monster "If I Knew You Were Coming, I'd Have Baked A Cake" Cookie Monster puts out the candles with his hand without flinchign once?

Surely if kids tried that that would hurt them a lot.

Weird no?

Reaction score
I never saw the segment, but I used to have an old 45 record featuring "C is for Cookie" on one side and "If I Knew You Were Coming, I'd Have Baked a Cake" on the flip side, only it featured Cookie Monster singing the song, and Count von Count counting the number of times Cookie said certain words in the song.

Even weider if you ask me.

Soul H

Reaction score
Here's a real noodle-scratcher:

In the sketch where the Count counts the number of times Mr. Snuffle-upagus jumps on Big Bird's trampoline, Snuffy landed on the roof.

But seeing how big and heavy a Snuffle-upagus can be, wouldn't the roof and all the other floors collapse?

Weird no?

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Here's a question for you

At the beginning of the Elmo's Potty Time DVD it is mentioned that versions of SS are seen in 120 countries, considering the size of the earth and the fact that the street must go under various bodies of water to do this and go through all its name changes in the various countries; how long is Sesame Street?

HappygirlMagill

Reaction score
I know of an episode from Season 20 or 21 where Bob's brother "Minneapolis" (Jeff Goldblum) takes Bob, Big Bird and Snuffy on a quest for "The Golden Cabbage of Snuffertiti." I think they looked in Snuffy's cave ... I'm not sure.
I'm so glad somebody remembers this episode! It was one of my favorites. I used to have it on videotape and watch it with my daughter.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know I've most likely seen it and just don't remember it, but it sounds so awesome, though!:big_grin: