The Feebles

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wow. I just finished watching this, and when I log on I see this thread.

I liked the film for two reasons: I love heretical satire and I love a train wreck. This film is both, and it doesn't pretend otherwise. It is a festival of glorious awfulness. That said, it is hard to watch at times because of the many, many grossouts, the worst (for me) being Harry's first conversation with the fly. Yerch, I could have lived a long and happy life without seeing that. However, much worse is the bad puppetry. Many of the puppets twitch and flail instead of moving purposefully, and the lip-synch is often dreadful. That kind of thing drives me up the wall!

...I wonder if there's a soundtrack available? I'd pay for clean, non-sound-effect-filled versions of "Garden of Love" and, er, Sebastian's song.
I am so glad somebody else "gets it" concerning the Feebles. There are a lot of issues and it's not the type of film I'd ever want to make, but it shouldn't be so easily dismissed.

It actually demonstrates Peter Jackson's love of the Muppets and of puppetry in a controversial way. He doesn't quite pull off every shot of the film, but it was a shoestring budget and the studio closed the set before completion so they had to sneak on to finish up the film instead of slapping together what they already had.

I can easily say that this is *the* most offensive film ever made...and it offends equally. I don't recommend it for most people. It's a niche film and it's not for everybody. I just don't like hearing it condemned, especially by those who haven't actually seen the entire film or know the story behind it. Personally, I'll see almost everything from Passion of the Christ to Meet the Feebles and IMHO...Feebles is kinder, less brutal and more fair-minded of the two. But that's just me. I see both of them as snuff films. :wink:

Blink

Reaction score
What show was you apart of.

I believe "the show" is referring to Dotboom. It is an online show that he created and filmed in his basement. It is NOT for kids, but you can check it out here if you wish.

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=njOPDedHq6E

Again, it contains mature themes and humor and is NOT intended for children or people who dislike foul language or sexual themes in the shows they watch.

Otherwise, watch on.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If you're interested in "Feebles" a really good book to check out is "Peter Jackson: A Filmmaker's Journey" which tells the behind the scenes story of the film really well. It's available in the U.S. and internationally, but not arriving here in Canada until later this year (I picked up a copy last time I was in the U.S.).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
If you're interested in "Feebles" a really good book to check out is "Peter Jackson: A Filmmaker's Journey" which tells the behind the scenes story of the film really well. It's available in the U.S. and internationally, but not arriving here in Canada until later this year (I picked up a copy last time I was in the U.S.).
oooh! will do! thanks! :cool: