Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

astrotrain

Reaction score
So far... So Good

It was nice to see old skits from the Classic years. Today 'Everybody Eats' was on (counterpart of 'Everybody Sleeps').

The Counting song, the first set of lyrics are the same. After they counted the numbers the numbers zoomed in as they counted.

Afterwards, you had kids with the same number of objects which the choirs counted...(10 bells for instance).

Then (MY FAVOIRTE part of the song), this eventually led to Henson (if I am not mistaken) as the Chef with the daily baked goods who fell down the stairs (aka: 10 COCUNUT CREAM PIES!!!...*falling down*).."and thats the song of ten...!"

I do like the format of season 36, health and exercise.

Although, thre are a lot of classic segments that deal with it, and I don't understand why CTW is not pulling them out and dusting them off. They had MUCH better music to them then the new segments today.

I hated when they remade 'Theres A Bird On Me' for season 35. I hope they do not do anything horrid like that for season 36.

Good to see the Chick who who had the raspy voice (don't know her name) who worked at Hooper's store split.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
astrotrain said:
Good to see the Chick who who had the raspy voice (don't know her name) who worked at Hooper's store split.
You mean Natalie? I didn't think they were going to make her a regular. She was just supposed to be there a week while Alan was on vacation.

DTF

Reaction score
I've caught a couple this year so far, but it looks like I mised the best - the King of Eight, etc. :smile:

I was impressed with the NotD when they talked about how 1+3 is 4 and 2+2 and such. They haven't dumbed it down too much I guess :smile: It sounds like they are trying to do more of the old stuff, or at least remake it.

Maybe that's why, as someone mentioned, they are doing so manyh of the old songs. Perhaps they've heard fans complain that they don't do them, so they have gone overboard this year in doing them.

Unfortgunately, I saw a Hero Guy one in this season, and while it was good as a response to 9/11 - "Hey, there's so much talk about heroes, lets have a segment where kids see they can imagine their own heroes" - it's old stuff now. (Of course, now watch, someone will say that Hero Guy appeared before 9/11 and blow my whole theory on why it came about to bits. :smile:

Besides, if there's going to be a hero on Sesame Street, it doesn't have to be in Baby Bear's imagination - it should be SuuuuuuperGrover. :smile:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
(The Frog is) only in the old skits.
True, but at least he's still on it. (But why did the credits read he was from JHC? Didn't it change to MHC owning them?)

Splurge

Reaction score
astrotrain said:
I hated when they remade 'Theres A Bird On Me' for season 35. I hope they do not do anything horrid like that for season 36.
I empathize with your sentiment, but I think it's important for all folks here to keep in mind that there is a heck of a lot of SS commercial videos put out in the last two decades, many now being issued as DVD's, that have versions of various songs and the like, before any remakes were made. (I know, I know, not all of them, but a lot of the most popular.)

This is certainly obvious to some of the older folk here, but as a helpful reminder to others, if you found a song you hold dear was unnecessarily redone ("C is for Cookie," "Rubber Duckie", "Healthy Food", etc.) , if the earlier version still exists on VHS or DVD, you can rent or buy it and enjoy it the way it was anytime you want to.

Just my 2 cents, and not directed at anyone in particular. Anyone can take it or leave it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts on 4090: Cookie Moon.

Highlights:
1 The street story was a good/interesting one.
2 The references to Slimey going to the moon from past seasons, and even the appearance of two worms from WASA.
3 The inclusion of the song "If Moon Were Cookie". The only changes I thought took place were that now we have a version of the song sung by both of Cookie's puppeteers, and the addition of the quirky sound effects when it's all dark and only Cookie's eyes are seen.
4 The bit where Cookie tells Buzz he's going to be an astronaut.
5 Some segment about kids making a T voiced by Sonia Manzano, from the early 90's.
6 The song by Telly where one of the Martians shows up, what's the name of that song?
7 The new song for the number 2 sung by this soft-sounding Vaudevillian voice who sang songs for the letters L, S and U.
8 The bit with Buzz and a kid where they countdown a rocket launch.
9 Surprised that there were a few clips including the one mentioned about Buzz and the kid counting down between the segments for the Number of the Day and Elmo's World. Usually they go straight from the number to the red furry one.

Nitpicks:
1 The song with Ernie, "I Go Zoom-Vroom-Boom in my Room", eh, it'll do I guess.
2 The Chasing the Cheese segment wasn't what I expected and it fell flat what with the characters just talking about the benefits of exercise for the umpteenth time. Rully expected more out of that bit.

There was a new Adventures of Trash Gordon with the Wicked Wingtips, some jokes were thrown out, felt like At the Dance from TMS.
And thanks to Daffyfan2003 for reminding me about the song "Everybody Eats" from 4089.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Its called either called "Telly's Trip" or "Yip Yip ahuh ahuh" I don't know how to spell what that one word. But I have that song on my computer. A mp3 of it.

Al Hempker

Reaction score
Another cool thing is that Joe Raposo was represented.

"Everybody Eats"

Xerus

Reaction score
I liked how this street story revolved around classic Muppets for a change. Cookie Monster, Oscar, and Slimey.

Also when Snuffy wanted to float like a cloud, that episode revolved around classic Muppets too. Snuffy, The Count, Big Bird, Oscar, and Slimey.

astrotrain

Reaction score
And another thing

Its good to see the Muppets interacting with the kids again like on the Classic
series. The one kid with I think Telly, looked like a dead ringer for the '16 TEEN!' kid from the 70s with Kermit.

Yes!, I about fell off my chair, when I saw The King Of 8 played a few days
ago!. That great to see the king of 8!