Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

BeckyDR

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply :smile: btw weeeeeeeeeeeeepaaaaaaaaaaaaa :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, nice touch BeckyDr, buenos días to you too.

And here are my thoughts on 4089: American Fruitstand.

Highlights, again this one's packed so bear with me.
1 The street story, a veritable parody of American Bandstand complete with Doug Clark as the host of AF.
2 The songs were parodies also. "I Like Fruit" to the tune of James Brown's "I Feel Good" and "Broccoli" to the tune of Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Good" were OK. However "Peaches and Pears" was to be to the tune of the Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout" and it was so with the Ohhh-ohh-ohh-ohh part of the song. But in truth, due to the pacing of the song, it sounded more like a spoof of Richie Valenz's "La Bamba" to me.
3 We got the vintage animated segment Name That Food, which I think should've been on Episode 4085 with the Healthy Foods story plot.
4 We got the Soul O animated bit during the Letter of the Day segments.
5 The song "A Cookie is a Sometimes Food" was aired, and guess what... it was sung by Hoots the Owl! And even better, Cookie Monster's reply at the end of the song. Cookie said he understood the difference between fruit being an anytime food and cookies being a sometime food.
Cookie Monster: "But you know what? Now sometime!"
And he proceeds to devour the cookies. Ha, in your face media hype!
6 Though the Number of the Day was a repeat number, I liked the song with Union Station and the Count for the number 4.
7 We got the song "Do Da Rubber Duck" again this season, always great to see.
8 Adventures of Trash Gordon was new, where he played his triangle to soothe the menacing triangles around him.

Nitpicks:
1 The Traction Jackson bit was unnecessary in my mind, but then again it's their "Healthy" season.
2 Elmo's World: Singing was new and for the most part OK. The thing I disliked was that they keep overusing their classic songs, and when Elmo tried to sing Blue Suede Shoes. Came out like the bleh-bleh song at the end of the segments. But the bit of him rapping the Elmo's World theme was OK.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
7. We got the song "Do Da Rubber Duck" again this season, always great to see.
And there you have it, friends; the Frog is still on the Street! :smile: :excited: :smile:

BeckyDR

Reaction score
de nada :smile: how did you like the Telly/Rosita "mango/tango" song? I thought it was funny :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks, nice touch BeckyDr, buenos días to you too.

And here are my thoughts on 4089: American Fruitstand.

Highlights, again this one's packed so bear with me.
1 The street story, a veritable parody of American Bandstand complete with Doug Clark as the host of AF.
2 The songs were parodies also. "I Like Fruit" to the tune of James Brown's "I Feel Good" and "Broccoli" to the tune of Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Good" were OK. However "Peaches and Pears" was to be to the tune of the Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout" and it was so with the Ohhh-ohh-ohh-ohh part of the song. But in truth, due to the pacing of the song, it sounded more like a spoof of Richie Valenz's "La Bamba" to me.
3 We got the vintage animated segment Name That Food, which I think should've been on Episode 4085 with the Healthy Foods story plot.
4 We got the Soul O animated bit during the Letter of the Day segments.
5 The song "A Cookie is a Sometimes Food" was aired, and guess what... it was sung by Hoots the Owl! And even better, Cookie Monster's reply at the end of the song. Cookie said he understood the difference between fruit being an anytime food and cookies being a sometime food.
6 Though the Number of the Day was a repeat number, I liked the song with Union Station and the Count for the number 4.
7 We got the song "Do Da Rubber Duck" again this season, always great to see.
8 Adventures of Trash Gordon was new, where he played his triangle to soothe the menacing triangles around him.

Nitpicks:
1 The Traction Jackson bit was unnecessary in my mind, but then again it's their "Healthy" season.
2 Elmo's World: Singing was new and for the most part OK. The thing I disliked was that they keep overusing their classic songs, and when Elmo tried to sing Blue Suede Shoes. Came out like the bleh-bleh song at the end of the segments. But the bit of him rapping the Elmo's World theme was OK.
Hope this helps and have a good day.
huumm i didn't reconize that the Broccoli song was a spoof of Berry's Johnny B. Goode.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... yeah, the lyrics kinda helped. Don't know them by heart, but it felt like "Johnny B. Good".

Hey BeckyDr, good to see you posting again. The Mango/Tango song was OK. Honestly, twas better than the usual Spanish Word of the Day insert. Those bits are passible, but the reason I'm a bit down on them being used this season was cause according to the press release I thought they'd be changed to a Spanish Moment of the Day. Oh well, at least there's the big Mexico at Sesame Street later in the season to look forward to.

hehehe

Reaction score
"Elmo's World"

Although I haven't seen this new one yet (I will when I get home) I know "Singing" is not a new thought for Elmo. Did the segment start with a choir in his Idea Closet? If so, then it's not new. The five new ideas will be:
Jumping
Cameras
Skin
School
Cats
I think all the rest will be old. :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yeah, that was advertised in our local paper this morning. There was a big pic of Hoots and Cookie Monster. Good to know that he's still his old self.

Another classic moment that they showed that I liked (actually it's from yesterday's show) was when Grover was talking to that kid Eric and he said he had 'skin' instead of 'fur.' "Oh, well. Nobody's perfect." I remember seeing that one when I was about five-years-old. It's good to see that they still play the classics and they still have our favorite frog on the show, even if it is just a repeat of an older sketch.