Follow That Bird: A look back

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
SCOOTER_101 said:
It's strange when you compare the 2 movies. The first one Elmo only makes a brief background appearance at the end, and in the second one he is the STAR of the entire movie. Boy how time changes things.
True that. Elmo has taken over Sesame Street. Kevin Clash is a good performer and all, but I'm not fond of Elmo. I'm just glad Elmo was in it for a few seconds and not the entire movie.

ryan

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea Elmo can be a beter muppet if he would show a little more emothon. i think all the muppets shine when they get reall emotional in any way shape or from. You have to admit i kind of did feel sorry for him in his movie. Big Bird was great. he seemed more reall to me in FTB then he ever had before. When he is leaving SS i cry my eyes out every time. Could you imagen what it would be like if he really did leave or Oscar or Ernie and Bert left. They would never be back. how many people would be so upset, But if Elmo was to leave there would be a lot of mixed Feelings i think even on the Street.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I never actually considered FTB as a Sesame Movie, but as a Muppet movie. Personally, I dislike movies like MTI or MCC where the muppets don't play themselves, and act as seconds (or thirds) to live human actors. As annoying as Elmo can be, he was the star of the second movie, not Michael Cain or...err... that effeminant kid from MTI... or Ashanti for that matter. But still, Follow that Bird is a far better film. I mean, it's akin to "It's a Mad Mad mad Mad world" with Muppets.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I just saw FTB last night for the first time in, oh, at least ten years. And I must say it was wondrful. Just to see how much... how much I didn't remember of it, how touching it is- I got pretty teary-eyed, and- oh gosh, It was just good to see again. And it was SO wonderful to not see Elmo. I really wish that I could see more pre-elmo Sesame Street. Or rather, pre-Elmo-dominated Sesame Street. Like, before Elmo's World. Gosh, now I feel deprived again... I'm gonna go watch a movie...

Mister Fred

Reaction score
Does anyone know the lyrics to the song "There aint no road too long"? I know Waylon Jennings (narrator on The Dukes of Hazzard) sings it in the movie.

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
Now I found out a long time ago, youv'e gotta Learn to say Yes When Life says no. Don't Dwell on the bad times once theyv'e passed.... Well that kind of thinking gets you nowhere fast

Cause their ain't no Mountain you can't Climb............ If you hang on tight and just make up your mind. Once you set your heart to movin on..... Son there ain't no Road too long.

Gordon: Don't look Back don't you turn around................

Olivia: Just Keep your Eye on where ya Bound..............

Together: And your Bound to get from here to there........... Cause a Dream can take you anywhere...............

Cookie Monster: Oooohhhh Take me to Cookies!!!

Grover: Cause their Ain't No Mountain you can't Climb....... If you hang on tight and just make up your mind.........

The Count: And once you set your heart to movin on put put, then there is No Road Too Long! And you can count the Telephone Poles 1 Telephone Pole 2 Telephone Poles 3 Telephone Poles, 4 Telephone poles!!

BEAR

Reaction score
This was such a great film. It was definitely of the same quality as the classic Muppet films. the characters were in a "real world" setting. I wish Elmo in Grouchland would have looked the same way. Follow That Bird was definitely a classic. I vaguely remember seeing it in the theater when I was a little boy of about 3 or 4. I really liked Linda a lot in this film. I thought they used her well. Anyone else think so?