Anyone Seen The Anipals?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well Nate, although I never saw the skit you're talking about, this is all I have to say on the subject:

I don't think puppets should be an outlet for stupidity. I don't like puppets speaking in sexual-innuendo (or blantently sexual talk for that matter), spewing vulgarities, or giving bad messages in general. I think it's more to the point that I don't like that kind of thing period. Human, animated, puppets, whatever. I just don't like crude humor and I find it not only unfunny but offensive. Poking fun and all-out sickness are two very different things. Its one thing to just make fun of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood in a ribbing mannor (which I can only assume is what Johnny Carson did). It is quite another to make fun of it the way TV Funhouse did it.

So, that's my point. Feel free to lace into it if you'd like.

-Matt

radionate

Reaction score
Matt,

I'm not going to lace into it as its your opinion, and nobody can change it. :big_grin: I wouldn't be so quick to judge things in such a short time period though. Many times it takes time to truly understand a tv show, artwork, person, etc.

The Johnny Carson skit, in case anyone else hasn't seen it, involves "Mr. Rogers" showing children about childbirth and marriage using Barbie dolls. Ken winds up leaving with the Nurse Barbie at the end. And Barbie then sues. It's too too funny. Man I miss Johnny Carson!:frown:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
I don't think puppets should be an outlet for stupidity. I don't like puppets speaking in sexual-innuendo (or blantently sexual talk for that matter), spewing vulgarities, or giving bad messages in general
If you can, run (don't walk) and block Comedy Central from your cable now!!

:stick_out_tongue:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Heh, no, there was a time when Comedy Central was my favorite station. They gave my favorite show (Mystery Science Theater 3000) its big break...it also showed another one of my favorites, Upright Citizens Brigade, but yanked it after its third season. I like some of their stand-up acts, and I liked Strangers With Candy. I don't go by stations, I go by shows. :smile:

-Matt

scott

Reaction score
Wasn't Horatio Sanz on the Upright Citizens Brigade or am I imagining things?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
He wasn't a member of the Cast, but he did guest star in 3 episodes. The cast was:

Amy Poehler
Ian Roberts
Matt Besser
Matt Walsh

In several of his Bios he is listed as a founding memeber of the troupe, but I don't know if they mean the show or the improv club (The Upright Citizens Community Theater in NY). :big_grin:

-Matt