What musical should be Muppetised?

SNLIM

Reaction score
'into the woods' and 'peter pan' are definitely right up the muppets alley... it's very similar to other things they've done. however i think "singin' in the rain" might be interesting... "moulin rouge" (i though their "moulin scrooge" parts in the last christmas special were good)... do we dare touch "phantom of the opera"? (one of my personal favorites)...

Jonathan

Reaction score
unclematt said:
LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS. The only muical I could see the Muppets doing. Great music for the EM.

Seymour - Kermit
Audrey - Piggy
Mushnik - Fozzie
Dentist - Gonzo

Could you imagine a Muppetized Audrey II?
Maybe Frank Oz could come back and direct this version just like he did with the Rick Moranis version. Great Musical, Great Movie and Great foir the Muppets.

It already has that grown up feel we are looking for.
Yesyesyesyesyes!!! I Love's Little Shop of Horrors with a Passion! I was in it (Worked the Audrey II Puppets)! Okay here is my cast list

Seymour- Scotter
Audrey- *Special Guest Star Hilarly Duff*
Mushnik- Waldorf
Orin (the Dentist)- Crazy Harry
Mrs.Luce- Piggy
Scip Snip- Gonzo
Patric Martin- Pepe
Berstine- Fozzie
Bums- The Electric Mayham
Crystal- Janice
Ronnet- Annie Sue
Chafone- Camila

And use the Broadway Audrey II's! I Would LOVE to see a Muppet version or a Remake of this film! Couldent you Just see Jim Cary as the Dentist?!

BEAR

Reaction score
Nice ideas, Jonathan, but I don't think that it is a good idea to separate Statler and Waldorf. Either they should both play a character (as in MCC) or don't use them unless they play themselves. S and W have a very specific role in Muppet stuff that can't be tampered with. Even if you just use one of them in a scene to be the "heckler" it isn't as effective without the other to banter off of. Make sense?

BEAR

Reaction score
What about recasting Nunsense? Any thoughts? Haha!

Jonathan

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Nice ideas, Jonathan, but I don't think that it is a good idea to separate Statler and Waldorf. Either they should both play a character (as in MCC) or don't use them unless they play themselves. S and W have a very specific role in Muppet stuff that can't be tampered with. Even if you just use one of them in a scene to be the "heckler" it isn't as effective without the other to banter off of. Make sense?
Yea! What about MushnickandMushnick! Like in MCC!!!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
BEAR said:
you know what's funny? My friends and I used to come up with Muppet casts of the shows that we were doing at the time. The "Peter Pan" Muppet cast I felt was pretty good. It went something like this:

Peter Pan: Kermit
Wendy: Miss Piggy
John: Scooter
Michael: Rizzo
Captain Hook: Gonzo
Smee: Fozzie
Tiger Lily/Indians: Janice with the EM
Mr. Darling: Sam Eagle
Nana: Rowlf...wouldn't he be great. I can just imagine his sarcastic commentary to the audience.
Tinkerbelle: a chicken on a rope.
Pirates would include characters like Bunsen, Beaker, Lew Zealand, Beauregard, Pepe and Chef.
Statler and Waldorf would obviously make their usual cameo as themselves somewhere.

what do you think?
I actually disagree; a lot of the major characters of the story of Peter Pan are children, so why would you cast adult Muppets in those parts?

I also thought up a Peter Pan cast list, and here are the results of that:

THE MUPPETS DO “PETER PAN”

Peter Pan: Gobo
Mr. Darling/Captain Hook: Kermit
Mrs. Darling: Miss Piggy
Wendy Darling: Prarie Dawn
John Darling: Wembley
Michael Darling: Robin
Nana: Barkley
Adult Wendy: Janice
Jane: Betty Lou
Tiger Lily: Red
Lost Boys: Bean (Slightly), Norman (Nibs), Boober (Curly), Elmo (Tootles), Roosevelt Franklin (Twin #1), Farley (Twin #2)
Pirates: Gonzo (Smee), Rowlf (Cecco), Floyd (Jukes), Fozzie (Noodler), Dr. Teeth (Gentleman Starkey)

And Tinkerbell would be portrayed how she usually is in the musical - as a flashing light accompanied by chimes.

Another musical that would be fun to do is "The Music Man":

THE MUPPETS DO “THE MUSIC MAN”

Harold Hill: Kermit
Marian Paroo: Miss Piggy
Marcellus Washburn: Fozzie
Mrs. Paroo: Hilda
Winthrop: Robin
Mayor Shinn: Sam Eagle
Mrs. Shinn: Mildred
Tommy Djilas: Floyd
Zaneeta Shinn: Janice
Amaryllis: Mokey
School Board: Scooter, Rowlf, Gonzo, Clifford
Charlie Colwell: Fleet Scribbler

-Kim

BEAR

Reaction score
Okay... I was not aware that we were mixing the Classic Muppets with Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock. It is a little weird for this game but okay. I guess I would change a lot of these that we have already doen then. But why would you cast Miss Piggy as Mrs. Darling and Kermit as Mr Darling/Capt Hook. That just seems odd to me. Sorry.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Okay... I was not aware that we were mixing the Classic Muppets with Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock. It is a little weird for this game but okay. I guess I would change a lot of these that we have already doen then. But why would you cast Miss Piggy as Mrs. Darling and Kermit as Mr Darling/Capt Hook. That just seems odd to me. Sorry.
Just as it seems odd to me that you would cast Miss Piggy and Kermit, two Muppet characters who are adults, as Wendy Darling and Peter Pan who are both children. Just because they're the main characters of TMS or the Muppet movies doesn't mean that they're always the best characters to fit into the lead roles of a musical or a play. I mean, if the Muppets were doing Annie would you cast Miss Piggy as Annie, just because that's the female lead role and Piggy is the main female character of the Muppet Show?

Thus also why I also use characters from Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street and other Henson-produced shows when making up my musical casts. Sometimes the best Muppet for the job isn't in the company for TMS.

-Kim

BEAR

Reaction score
Okay, relax...I wasn't criticizing you using Muppets from other shows. And no, I would not cast Piggy as Annie. i would probably cast her as Hannigan...eh, maybe Grace. How would you cast Annie?

BEAR

Reaction score
Annie: ?
Warbucks: Kermit
Grace: ?
Hannigan: ?
Rooster: Gonzo
Lily: Camilla
Drake: Scooter
FDR: Sam
Bert Healy: Fozzie