Cooperation

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hello all out there!
I remember, from when I was pretty small, watching sesame street and them having a song about cooperation. If memory serves correct, the singers were planting trees, or recycling or something like that, but I could be wrong. Does anyone know what song/sketch this is/could be?

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
The song is called "Cooperation Makes It Happen" by the Anything Muppets and they were making a street garden. I got an mp3 of it.

The same style they used was also used in a song about Excersising by Betty Lou, Grover and the Anything Muppets.

Another example of similar instrumentals is of Bert and Ernie's "But I Like You" music being used in a skecth where a bunch of kids in a classroom sing words that rhyme ("The cat was named Matt. Thats that. or osmething....")

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Clean Gultch said:
The song is called "Cooperation Makes It Happen" by the Anything Muppets and they were making a street garden. I got an mp3 of it.
That's it!! That's the one! You really have an mp3?
:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I loved that song as a kid! :smile:

There's also another song on Sesame Street about cooperation called "I Can't Get No Cooperation"- it's sort of a parody of The Rolling Stones' "Satisfaction".
But only some of the words are similar rhymes. The tune is different. But it is sort of a mimicking of the Rolling Stones' musical style, anyway. It's performed by a bunch of AMs.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Really, I didn't realise Cooperation was such a popular topic.

Are Anything Muppets just nameless muppets? I'm not familiar with the expression.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
anything muppets are muppets with no facial features and features are added to turn them into characters. the count is an anything muppet. the purple puppet used for him is also used for other characters such as mumford the magician and harvey kneeslapper.

BEAR

Reaction score
I would not consider Count an AM at all. He is always The Count. They never use him for anything else but that. True, the types of features are used for say, Mumford. But there is one COunt and he will always be The Count. Same with Bert and Ernie. They always play themselves. Maybe I am just confused with what you are talkin about. I am a fool.

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Really, I didn't realise Cooperation was such a popular topic.

Are Anything Muppets just nameless muppets? I'm not familiar with the expression.

Yes, they are nameless and faceless humanlike muppets that are used basically as the ensemble, playing different characters everytime you see them and serving as background characters. They have interchangeable features.