Cooperation

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
no. what i meant was that the anything muppets are blank puppets with no eyes or nose or hair (they have a mouth obviously) and features are added to turn them into living, breathing (not litterally) characters. for example, the count is made from a purple puppet who is also used for mumford and harvey kneeslapper. a green puppet is used for farley and sherlock hemlock. a small purple puppet is used for characters such as roosevelt franklin and the sesame street version of mahna mahna. and prairie dawn is used on the same pink puppet as betty lou.

major sesame street characters have been made from anything muppets. anything muppet doesnt automaticalyl demote them to the backround. many of the sesame street monsters (cookie monster, grover, beautiful day, etc) also started as backround characters and are now well known.

BlueAM

Reaction score
Consider yourself at home!

How about Guy Smiley? He's an AM, too. He has the same head as Prince Charming, Don Music, Monty, and countless others.

And, of course, Fat Blue. He shares the same head with Chrissy, Simon Soundman, Hard Head Henry Harris, and tons more!

BlueAM

Rex Robbins: Now, how do you feel?
Old Timer: I-I dunno, Doc. I seem to have taken a turn for the worse.

BEAR

Reaction score
BlueAM said:
How about Guy Smiley? He's an AM, too. He has the same head as Prince Charming, Don Music, Monty, and countless others.

And, of course, Fat Blue. He shares the same head with Chrissy, Simon Soundman, Hard Head Henry Harris, and tons more!

BlueAM

Rex Robbins: Now, how do you feel?
Old Timer: I-I dunno, Doc. I seem to have taken a turn for the worse.
Sorry, I am having a brain fart. Remind me again who Monty is?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To help you out Bear...

Monty is this character... from around the early 90's I'd say... who was Sesame Street's character brought in to serve as a spoof for the collective members of Monty Python's Flying Circus. But Monty looked most like Michael Palin with grayed eyebrows and mustache.
Later, in an episode where Monty was the host of RNN (The Ridiculous News Network) there were two other characters who came in known as Mr. Scheeneze and Mr. Schnook.
Schnook was the "fat Blue" AM but with frizzy black hair and mustache and beard, made to look like Graham Chapman.
Schneeze was the tall yellow headed AM with glasses and hair on the side, guess he could've been based on Eric Idle.

The two were dressed in pirate garb cause that was the storyline for their origin, poaching the land of toasters to be fileted in lemon sauce to Prairie's shegrin at the Fix-It-Shop.

And the character everybody refers to "Fat Blue" is named Mr. Johnson. "Fat Blue" is the term for the type of AM he's built out of.
You can check out these along with a cavalcade of other characters at my "Muppet Listings 15.0" thread in the Classic Muppets section of the forum.
Hope this helps.