Where are Sam and Lips in Caper?

BEAR

Reaction score
So I was just watching The Great Muppet Caper and just realized something. Where are Sam and Lips during the Baseball Diamond rescue? Anyone else ever think about this? I mean, I can understand why Sam wouldn't join them, but why wouldn't Lips be there, especially when the rest of the EM are?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
it seems like Lips kept disapearing and reapearing when the muppets were battling the bad guys. Lips didn't appear when the gonzo was telling the other muppets about overhearing the plans to steal the baseball diamond. Lips wasn't there when the muppets were looking through their list of supplies. however, he is on the bus when they arrive, and he is with the muppets at the gate. he can be seen on top of the building when they first arrive, but after that, he doesn't appear again untill after miss piggy crashes trhough the window. Lips also didn't appear in the bicycle scene, even though the rest of the electric mayhem spoke. I have seen the great muppet caper class (released by mcdonalds) with the bus, and he wasn't even illustrated on that.

as for sam, there are only three scenes with him in that movie: after the happiness hotel number, after ozzie talks the others into agreeing to stop the jewel thiefs, and at the end, when he is on the plane and parachute.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sam was only in the film for one liners, "You are all weirdoes." "At times like this I am proud to be american* and "And me!"

Maybe he had a cut line from the baseball fight, like, "get your hands off that frog you piece of English trash" Wait...maybe not...maybe..."*football cheerer voice* Whoop, whoop, whoop!" Actually, not that either....maybe...."The pig, always the last on the scene" (When Piggy smashes in followed by the Police, the cops, the P-I-don't-you-dare, why I would't think of it)

Bea:zany:{And, yes, Beau is rambling now....}regard

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yay for rambling!

I mean... um... Never noticed the Lips disapearing act before, I'll have to watch it again. Oh what a pity, except not, because um... yeah, I'll stop rambling now.

Ooh, I'm rambling! Yay for rambling!

Erine81981

Reaction score
See I think Lips should of been in the sceen with Zoots when no one would throw it to Zoots. That would of been pretty funny.

Lips: Whats with us?
Zoot: Yea no one want to throw to us man.
Lips: Maybe because we look to be asleep all the time.
Zoot: To true, to true.

unclematt

Reaction score
Never noticed that. Wuld love for them to bring back Lips to the EM

minor muppetz

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Wuld love for them to bring back Lips to the EM
yeah, I agree. what's up with the lack of lips? it seems like even when he was used alot he wasn't used much. he hardly appears in any books or illustrations.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I've noticed that, also Statler and Waldorf are up above on the plane while the others are down below, but Statler and Waldorf are in the skydiving scene?