Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
No, the third thing has not been announced yet. Don't expect to until Toy Fair 2003.

As for the pit band, that is an awfully large amount of characters to fit into one set...pricey indeed. I can't say we would never do it, but odds would be unlikely. Who knows? To me, the EM guys in their purple suits would be perfect for PVC figurines...but that's just me.

ukgonzo

Reaction score
I just watched the muppet show episode with the star wars guests again last night, and i think gonzo as Dirth Nador was such a cool character.
I was wanting to ask ken if he would need lucas' permission to make such a character or as he is only similar in apperance to darth vador could henson give such permission if you decided to make him?

MaxGoof

Reaction score
You skipped my question, Ken... does this mean you don't love me anymore? ::sniff:: :frown:

<<Will the Rizzo repaint be just a repaint or might he have some slightly resculpted parts like EB Piggy? There are so many great things that can be done with Rizzo, and I'm worried that the series 4 version (and repaint) will be all we get for a few years...>>

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to Ken, direct Star Wars parodies like Dirth Nader and Princess Piggy can't be done.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by MaxGoof
You skipped my question, Ken... does this mean you don't love me anymore? ::sniff:: :frown:

<<Will the Rizzo repaint be just a repaint or might he have some slightly resculpted parts like EB Piggy? There are so many great things that can be done with Rizzo, and I'm worried that the series 4 version (and repaint) will be all we get for a few years...>>
Like the other repaints, it will just be repainted. EB Piggy was an exclusive...slight differences on those, not on the straight up in case chase fig.

beaker

Reaction score
Ken: >>>Right now this is what I have...although this very well might change. Working on something that might be packed ONLY with the in case Rizzo Repaint<<<

Aw, could this be a possible extra character packin?(penguin, chicken, etc?)

Ken: >>>Yes the line-up is fairly set. As set as it ever gets in this world. But you should just tell your ideas here, in the forum. Ideas are much better shared with all!<<<

Well, leave it to me to ask the burning question...is Pepe in there between series 5 and 8?

Man, no air conditioning in those factories??? I thought China was roughly around the 5000 calendar year? They should have flying cars by now, let alone a/c!

Figment

Reaction score
Ken-

I love to display my Muppets figures intermingled with my Simpsons figures, primarily because they are the same scale, but also because I love a sense of irony in my house and on the Simpsons playsets. I was wondering if you guys ever considered making the Muppets figures 6" because of the Simpsons figures?

I know you guys are planning on making mega fgures, but why exactly did you guys choose to make the Muppets action figures the size they are (instead of an inch or two larger)?

matleo

Reaction score
Hey Ken,

Can you tell us the color scheme you'll be using on Rizzo's jacket both for the regular and the repaint?

--Matt

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Ken: >>>Right now this is what I have...although this very well might change. Working on something that might be packed ONLY with the in case Rizzo Repaint<<<
Aw, could this be a possible extra character packin?(penguin, chicken, etc?)

No...if it does happen it isn't a character.

Ken: >>>Yes the line-up is fairly set. As set as it ever gets in this world. But you should just tell your ideas here, in the forum. Ideas are much better shared with all!<<<
Well, leave it to me to ask the burning question...is Pepe in there between series 5 and 8?

Maybe somewhere in there...we'll see.

Man, no air conditioning in those factories??? I thought China was roughly around the 5000 calendar year? They should have flying cars by now, let alone a/c!

Costs money to run AC...they COULD do it, they just choose not to. It's horrrible in those places. And yet I am the one doing the least amount of work and the most amount of sweating. I am such a foreigner.

I know you guys are planning on making mega fgures, but why exactly did you guys choose to make the Muppets action figures the size they are (instead of an inch or two larger)?

Originally they were going to be bigger than they are. When we started seeing how that would affect the larger scaled figures we changed the scale right before starting tooling. They then ended up smaller and just happen to be close to Simpson scale.

Can you tell us the color scheme you'll be using on Rizzo's jacket both for the regular and the repaint?

Shooting for the red with off white sleeves for the regular, blue with red sleeves for the variant. Different image on the back of each colored jacket. That's the plan...the unnapproved plan, I might add. We'll have to wait and see how it goes down.

Has anyone seen the TOMY Disney Magical Collection? They are all over the place over here. They are AWESOME. Man it would be so cool to make large scale figures based on that concept of just every conceivable character from the Disney universe mix and matched. Awesome. Also got some kickin' other stuff...best thing about being here is Sunday. That's my day off, more or less, and I hit the small shops hunting for goodies. Although something terrible has happened...I turned the Kubrick corner on this trip. I swore I wasn't going to start getting into Kubricks, but I have succumbed. Picked up a bunch of them over the past couple of weeks. They are way overpriced, but the Marvel ones and the Metal Gear and Star Wars ones are awesome.

Oh well, yet another thing I gotta make room for somewhere in the house's Toy Safe Zones.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the TOMY Disney Magical Collection? They are all over the place over here. They are AWESOME. Man it would be so cool to make large scale figures based on that concept of just every conceivable character from the Disney universe mix and matched. Awesome.

Those look very cool but there's just way too many of them! Aren't there something like 35 of different figures???

Although something terrible has happened...I turned the Kubrick corner on this trip. I swore I wasn't going to start getting into Kubricks, but I have succumbed. Picked up a bunch of them over the past couple of weeks. They are way overpriced, but the Marvel ones and the Metal Gear and Star Wars ones are awesome.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I've also sworn to myself never to buy a kubrick. I've been VERY close to buying the Reservoir Dogs set many times but I can't. Just can't! And now there's Stickfas (whom I think are just trying to ride the same wave as kubricks). Please say that there will be no plans for Muppet Kubricks!

But wait... A super Dancing Travis Kubrick would be easy to make. :big_grin: