Ask Ken at Palisades

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
The Sam Arrow figure has elbow joints? That's a bit of a surprise.

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry
The Sam Arrow figure has elbow joints? That's a bit of a surprise.
It'd be harder to check for railing dust without them I imagine...

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Yeah, both versions do, if you can believe it. And yeah regular Sam is sculpted, just taking a seat in the back row for a while....

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Hat, Headset, Pizza in Box with removable slice and stuck cheese when you open the box, Dancing Cheese
He has the headset now ? That's great, and unexpected news.

How have you managed to do the hat and headset as accessories at that small scale - sounds tough ?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
He has the headset now ? That's great, and unexpected news.

How have you managed to do the hat and headset as accessories at that small scale - sounds tough ?
Gonna take some work, but I am gonna try it anyway...

Foreignman

Reaction score
Rizzo:
Right now this is what I have...although this very well might change. Working on something that might be packed ONLY with the in case Rizzo Repaint. Yeah you heard me...Rizzo repaint. He will be the one who gets the chase figure in S4.
Hat, Headset, Pizza in Box with removable slice and stuck cheese when you open the box, Dancing Cheese
Hey Ken,
Hope it's getting cooler in China, I went there three years ago, when I was thirteen, to visit a friend, and it got up to 104 degrees, so I can sympathize. When that big picture of Chairman Mao in Tienamans square starts to sweat, that's when you know it's hot... I was just wondering, you know that "Dr. Bunsen Hunnydew and Chef's pizza paste" design for the box I suggested a little while back, is that still being considered in any way? Thanks.

grail

Reaction score
Gonna take some work, but I am gonna try it anyway...
over the years, i have collected many figures that have removeable masks, helmets, etc. if you like, i could even send you a few choice ones (that i would want back eventally, of course) that demonstrate ways to use small plastic pieces like the headset would be.

one thing i was about thinking was the magnets. a magnet would be pretty easy to stick in his head and because his head is so small, that magnet would give you the ability to stick things to the side of his head too, if done right. what i might suggest is to just put a piece of metal in the accessories, instead of a magnet. it'd be thinner, and a headset with a piece of metal in the earpiece wouldn't run into problems with polarity like another magnet would. you could stick the headset to him based on that earpiece, and the hat would work the same way, but on the top of the head...

it's a rough thought, but then, i'm no Bunsen

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I was just wondering, you know that "Dr. Bunsen Hunnydew and Chef's pizza paste" design for the box I suggested a little while back, is that still being considered in any way?

I think it's a good idea, but I won't know anything about what might go on the box until I get back and talk it over with Henson.

over the years, i have collected many figures that have removeable masks, helmets, etc. if you like, i could even send you a few choice ones (that i would want back eventally, of course) that demonstrate ways to use small plastic pieces like the headset would be.
one thing i was about thinking was the magnets. a magnet would be pretty easy to stick in his head and because his head is so small, that magnet would give you the ability to stick things to the side of his head too, if done right. what i might suggest is to just put a piece of metal in the accessories, instead of a magnet. it'd be thinner, and a headset with a piece of metal in the earpiece wouldn't run into problems with polarity like another magnet would. you could stick the headset to him based on that earpiece, and the hat would work the same way, but on the top of the head...

All really depends on sizes and materials I will be able to use to pass testing. I have a lot of ideas for it, but need to see the headset and hat ande figure in person before I can decide anything. Have only seen photos up to this point. The thin piece of metal would be too difficult to control in mass production.

grail

Reaction score
All really depends on sizes and materials I will be able to use to pass testing. I have a lot of ideas for it, but need to see the headset and hat ande figure in person before I can decide anything. Have only seen photos up to this point. The thin piece of metal would be too difficult to control in mass production.
ah yes, two things i wasn't thinking about at the time...quality control and child safetly laws...

i guess suggesting that the piece be cast in metal would meet with the same response, eh?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Way back! and I mean way back, on page 196, I think?

Ken said...

Remember when I said there were three things to announce? This is two of them. There is still a third...but that will have to wait. It's a small thing really, so don't freak...but it is VERY cool and I think you guys will really be stoked about it.
was this small yet stoked thing been stated yet? what it is or are we still waitting for it? pardon me if i missed it okay?

oh and i have "an idea" for a pit band playset.

okay not that anything was really stated or comfermed, but if we had a pit band playset most likey people would want Folyd and zoot and animal and the rest on how they looked in the pit and make it look like the pit band, rowlf with upright and all, but that might be two much, not that it couldn't be done

HEY what if reg Rowlf came with the pit band with his upright then we would have both pianos!

well Nigle would be to most muppet fans fitting for the pit band, but could he sell it? well maybe if the pit band was a PENGUIN pit band...no it's not "TMS" but the penguins would be great and it's not like there hasn't been a penguin pit band "Muppet Vision 3D and Muppet Classic Theather, maybe the penguins could be removeable and then we would have what very muppet fan would love, Luke at the top of the list, penguins!

smaller insterments would have to be made, so i don't know, i mean a new drum set would have to be mdae because even if it was a reg pit band, animals drums aren't removeable from the EM stage and lets say to someone who buys a pit band didn't get any of the EM memebers or rowlf or whatever because this payset would be a ways off from now. so with the penguins there's already a band with the set and the conductor Nigle, i think it would look cool!

one penguin with a tuba, another with a horn, two at a piano, it would be sweet! i don't know about "the right's" to it but they did make the Muppet Labs set simaler to the Muppet Vision 3d muppet labs ,so make a pit band simaler to the MV3D Pit band;-)

what do you all think?