Crossover characters from other programmes

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Until very recent times Sesame Street used to have the odd apprearance (sp?) of people from other shows and the like. Who among you remembers seeing:
Fonz from Happy Days.
Beetle Bailiy
Jughead from Archie
Edith Ann and Ernestine from Laugh-In
The Simpsons
Max Headroom
Batman and Robin

minor muppetz

Reaction score
more

here are some more:

C-3PO and R2D2 (from the star Wars movies)
The Pink Panther
Ed Grimley (from SCTV and Saturday Night Live)
Rowlf (technically, he is a crossover character)
Arnold (from Hey, Arnold, although his appearance was made before the hey, Arnold series began)
Lamb Chop
Mr. Rogers

I haven't actually seen all of these, but i know about them.

balana

Reaction score
I've seen the Star Wars crossover one. R2D2 is there to deliver a message to Oscar from some space grouch.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Haha, The simpsons? No way.. what episode was that in?

What about Muscical performers? Stevie Wonder.

balana

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:

They were in the celebrity version of Monster in the Mirror. There's a part where I think in the normal one the two mosters in the picture frame fly by, but in the celebrity version the simpsons come and chase them out and sing the chorus. Then at the end Grover's carrying the picture and Bart says 'Hey, wubba man!' and Homer scolds him before they return to their pose and Grover looks confused. I think this version was on the Big Bird's Birthday special.

Al Hempker

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:

One of my earliest SS memories was Stevie Wonder and his band performing that smokin' version of "Superstition" on the street. I also remember the segment with him and Grover where Grover would repeat and hold notes after Stevie. I saw both segments on Unpaved a few years ago.

Those were the days.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
In my opinion, a crossover appearance would be a special appearance by a fictional character on a program who is not a regular on that show, so I don't think musical performers would count, since they are real people. of course, by that logic, Mr. Rogers shouldn't count.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Mr. Rogers played a character on his show, though. Technically the character was himself, but it's the Mr. Rogers from "Mr. Rogers' Neighbourhood" that came to visit, not just an unknown guy. So, wouldn't that still qualify him as a crossover character?

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Mr. Rogers played a character on his show, though. Technically the character was himself, but it's the Mr. Rogers from "Mr. Rogers' Neighbourhood" that came to visit, not just an unknown guy. So, wouldn't that still qualify him as a crossover character?
Yes, Mrs. P., Mr. Rogers was a crossover character, for the same reasons Shari Lewis was a crossover character when she came to visit Sesame Street with Lambchop. Shari was still playing herself, but thats what she does on her own show too.
Actually, now that I think about it, maybe they aren't crossover characters per say. I mean, they are more like celebrity guests if you ask me. I correct myself. Anyway...that is what I believe.