Crossover characters from other programmes

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
some more

There was also Lorne Greene, Pernell Roberts, and Michael Landon from Bonanza counting to 20, all dressed up in their Western duds and sitting on horses.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
two more

I just remembered two more crossover appearances, and they both appeared in the song "put Down The Duckie". these are Edith Prickley and Yosh Shmenge. These two characters were originally on SCTV (if you don't know who they are, they were the first two celebrities who appeared in that song). I know that they also did other segments, since all of the guests who appeared on the show in 1986 (and possibly 1987) sang verses of the song which were added to the celebrity-filled version of "put down the duckie".

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
And don't forget when THE ELECTRIC COMPANY cast crossed over to Sesame Street and vice versa.

I remember a show from the mid 1970's where Easy Reader (Morgan Freeman) was talking to Gordon on the steps, Crank was talking with Oscar, and Pedro (Luis Avalos) was talking to Luis.

And vice versa:

1973 Big Bird came to visit Fargo North on TEC
same with Oscar to Crank's house

maxdrive

Reaction score
i thought of another one wanda the word fairy was also from sctv

Drtooth

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Arnold (from Hey, Arnold, although his appearance was made before the hey, Arnold series began)
I will count that one as a technicallity, as Arnold started out as a few short animated films way before the Nick show came out.

I'd also like to add Noodles and Ned. Though the cartoons were specifically made for sesame Street, they did have a few films made before that. Ned is also John R. Dilworth's signature, and in every episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog, you can see Ned (also known as "Dilly") in a picture hanging in the background.

There was also a sketch with Fran Dreschier (sp?) portraying her "The Nanny" character with Natasha, Humphry and Ingrid.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
i thought of another one wanda the word fairy was also from sctv
I think you are confusing Wanda the Word Fairy with Miss Falbo, although they were both played by Andrea Martin.

maxdrive

Reaction score
I thought there was a kind of fairy caracter she played on sctv witht he same costume

Drtooth

Reaction score
I recall reading that Artie Johnson performed his Gestappo character from Laugh in, in a very early episode.