Ask Ken at Palisades

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Man, now I really want to collect those Disney Magical Collection figures............

Any conceivable way to collect them, since they are only available in the Asian Rim?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Those look very cool but there's just way too many of them(TOMY Disney Magical Collection)! Aren't there something like 35 of different figures???

That's the beauty of it! And they are probably going to make more than that, and thus it is a nice beefy collection.

Please say that there will be no plans for Muppet Kubricks!

Hasn't Kubrick done some Sesame Street versions already? As for Muppet Show, I just don't think it is very well known over here. I have seen tons of Peanuts and Disney and stuff like that, but while I was looking specifically for Muppet items I only found a couple of old Muppet Babies premiums at a consignment shop.

Man, now I really want to collect those Disney Magical Collection figures...Any conceivable way to collect them, since they are only available in the Asian Rim?

The only way I can see is either through a shop that regularly imports Asian figures or through e-Bay. If I hadn't actually been here to buy them, I may never have picked them up. They're building a Disneyland here in Hong Kong, and Disney stuff is hugely popular over here.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Figure Ideas

OK, Ken! You asked for it and now you're going to get it! Here are my figure ideas for the Muppets. Please note that each is developed in the future hopes that some of these might actually be made.
Series 7 Lineup: Spring 2004.
Each figure wears their normal, everyday wardrobe.
Regular Figures:
Bobo the Bear guard- comes with nightstick.
Police Chief Link Hogthrob- comes with bullhorn.
Lips- comes with his trumpet and trumpet case.
Pepé- wearing tap-dancing shoes, comes with stageshow hook and a pair of castanets.
Exclusive/Variant Figures:
Lips repaint- he wears a black suited tux with an oversized flower in the coat's lapel.
Water Ballet Pepé- dressed in dark pink tutu, black swimming trunks lined by silver trim, and pink ballet slippers; comes with bubbling jacuzi swimming pool.
Bear on Patrol Playset
Figure: Patrol Bear Fozzie- dressed in his policeman's uniform; comes with magnetically removable policeman's hat and small octopus sidekick.
Description, from left to right wall:
1 Coarse black gravel paved floors at the base of the playset.
2 Police Chief Link's desk with filing papers and coffee cup on its top.
3 Row of handcuff shackles lining the left wall.
4 Jail cell tucked into the corner and ring of keys just out of reach on the wall.
5 Chalk outline base that can be pegged into the floor or removed and placed along the wall.
6 Wanted posters lining the rest of the back wall.
7 White low-lying ramp with a police car resting on it and garage door just behind the car.

Series 8 Lineup: Summer 2004.
Regular Figures:
Clifford- comes with dark, wine red base guitar and strap.
Miss Mousey- She wears a white brimmed hat and matching white gown; comes with small spider and bowl of curds and whey.
George the Janitor- comes with watered-down mop and bucket filled with water, and cleaning rag tucked in his pockets.
Mildred- comes with crystal dinnerware waterglass.
Clifford repaint or Caribbean version- he wears a yellow shirt splashed with bright red and blue flowers; comes with white-gray guitar and dark gray strap.
Carnival Miss Mousey- she wears a sleeveless hoopskirted gown with her bare arms showing off a bunch of black inky tattoos; comes with lion tamer's whip.
Lover's Crossing Wayne and Wanda- both are dressed in their regular clothes; comes with collapsible chairs. Push one of the chair's legs outwards, and they all move outwards, straightening the chair. Push one of the chair's legs inwards, and they all move inwards, causing the chair and whoever's seated there to fall in on itself.
At the Dance Playset
Figure: Evening Dancers Wayne and Wanda- each dressed in their formal tux and gown respectively.
1 Four white marble columns at the corners connected by a light blue back wall.
2 Vaulted ceiling, with two chandeliers hanging from it, rests atop the columns.
3 Tiled floors to both the left and right side of the dance hall.
4 Table and set of chairs on both sides of the hall's tiled floors.
5 Danceing floor, painted in a light slick beige, placed at the center of the hall.
6 Music Speakers and arched alcove for figures line the back wall.
7 When Wayne and Wanda are inside the alcove, pull the knobbed keystone out, and the rest of the archway's crumbling blocks topple crushing them underneath.
Note: The back wall is the only one in this playset, allowing unrestricted manipulation of the playset through the other three wall openings.

Series 9 Lineup: Fall 2004, Monsters set.
Regular Figures:
Uncle Deadly- comes with his exquisitely ghastly pipe organ.
Mulch- comes with a pair of garden clippers resembling a metal munching mouth.
Composta Heap- comes with bouquet of rotted roses.
Angus McGonnicle- comes with his bagpipes and a bottle of mouthwash.
New Year's Dr. Phil- he's dressed in a classic black suit tuxedo; comes with glass of eggnog raised and ready to give the celebratory toast.
Trooper Angus McGonnicle- he's dressed in a white and black trooper uniform; comes with bagpipe-powered ray gun.
Tales from the Vet Playset
Figure: Dr. Phil van Neuter- comes with Yorich, small talking skull.
1 Dusty brown fur-carpeted floors at the base of the playset.
2 White operating bed with winged monster body lying on it in the front left corner.
3 Wall shelf with two black bats clutching glass jars, one containing a heart, the other a brain.
4 Two bell towers in the back corners with balcony rims above the back wall. These balconies feature two gargoyle heads to both sides of the balcony, and contain a single bell in the tower.
5 Two rows of variously assorted mounted animal heads, which can execute a small headbutt when moved by levers next to each head.
6 Coffin chambers tucked next to the towers that reveal muppet monster bodies inside.
67Dr. Phil's diploma and medical license hanging on the right wall.
78Swivel chair and filing cabinet in the front right corner.
The monster bodies inside the coffins are composed of eyes, fanged mouth, torso, arms, and legs. Each of the pieces connect to each other by means of small magnets, thus creating the possibility for endless variations. The monster lying on the operating bed also has small magnets in his wings, which can be removed or reattached later. The baby bats can be removed from their shelf and brought down to the operating bed as if they were assisting in a new experiment.

Series 10: Winter 2004, Christmas set.
Regular Figures:
Fozzie's Mother- comes with banana cream pie and framed portrait of Fozzie Bear.
Maureen the Mink- comes with mug of hot chocolate and autograph book, showing a picture of both Kermit and Miss Piggy inside.
The Snowman- loosely wrapped in strings of Christmas lights; comes with juggling pins shaped like snowcones.
The Penguins- each wearing a scarf; come with holiday sleigh.
Santa Kermit- he's dressed in a red and green trimmed Santa's costume; comes with sack of toys and wrapped Christmas present.
Winter Follies Fozzie- he's warmly dressed in an overcoat, heavy pants, and boots; comes with candy cane walking stick and two large snowballs.
Christmas Living Room Playset
Figure: The Christmas Turkey- comes with magnetic adjustable sunglasses.
1 Clean-swept floors and rug at the base of the playset.
2 Black fireplace with mantel above it and fraggle hole next to it on the left wall.
3 Christmas tree in the corner decorated with lights, candy canes, star on its top, and presents.
4 Television set placed in the back wall.
5 Swiveling sofa pegged to the center of the floor which can either face the TV or it could face forward showing who's seated in the sofa.
6 Framed portrait of Kermit and Fozzie hanging on the right wall.
7 Opening door in the right wall with icy patch frozen over the welcome mat.

...To Be Continued!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Figure Ideas Part 2

Here are the rest of my Muppet figure ideas.
Series 11: Spring 2005.
Regular Figures:
Annie Sue and Foo Foo: Annie Sue comes with scriptbook; and is packaged with Foo Foo who comes with a stylish hairbrush.
Bean Bunny- comes with stagelight spotlight lamp.
Louis Kazagger- comes with microphone, headphone headset, and sports banner displaying the Muppet Show logo.
Marvin Suggs & the Muppophones- comes with mallet for Marvin to pound each Muppophone, the Muppophone heads themselves are laid out on a table in front of him.
Annie Sue in Evening Gown- comes with award trophy.
Sunday Morning Bean Bunny- he's dressed in a light aqua pressed shirt, dark blue overalls, and brown dress shoes; comes with a basket of removable, brightly-colored Easter eggs.
Marvin Suggs- comes with cartload of singing vegetables.
Animal Circus Playset
Figure: Roadhog Miss Piggy- dressed in her biker's uniform; comes with black motorcycle that features a sidecar just big enough to seat Foo-Foo inside it.
1 Light brown sawdust covered floors at the base of the playset.
2 Ramps with an open entrance space above them on both sidewalls to allow the motorcycle rider room for several stunt shows.
3 Trapeze swings placed higher up than the entrances on both sidewalls.
4 Row of barrels lined up in the corner, which can be placed on their sides in the center of the ring as a greater obstacle for the motorcycle rider.
5 Red and yellow tears of bleachers molded into the back wall.
6 Popcorn machine tucked into the corner between the back and right walls.
7 Circus ringlike track encircling the entire base of the playset, marking it as the center ring in this bizarre circus of extraordinary performers.

Series 12: Summer 2005.
Regular Figures:
Hilda- comes with oversized sewing machine workbench and two knitting needles.
J.P. Grosse- wears a waist coat pocketwatch; comes with Muppy and bank vault safe. The safe works as a small piggy bank for storing pennies through a vertical slot on its outer top wall, the safe's doorvalve turns all the way around, and the door opens and closes by magnetic locks.
Pops and Gaffer- comes with brown deskbooth featuring a silver bell and an open red-bound reading book on its surface; and is packaged with Gaffer who comes with a gray rubber mouse that has a thin handle so that it can be placed around the cat's paw or tail.
Zelda Rose- comes with singing owl, who can jerk its head up and down and flapps its wings.
Street Corner Scooter- he's dressed just like normal, except that he wears a brown bomber jacket; comes with six-stringed guitar and cup for collecting coins.
The cup can be a repaint of the one packaged with Series 1 Kermit;and the guitar can be a repaint of either Floyd's, Janice's, or possibly Clifford's if his figure gets made.
Robot Kermit- his head, hands, and flippery feet are the same shade of green as Kermit; his arms, body, and legs are greenish gold, while his collar and the belt around his mid-chest area are greenish silver; comes with wind-up key inserted in the peg hole in the middle of his back.
Muppet Show Backstage Lot Playset
Figure: Thog- comes with small bluebird whose feet form a peg so that it can perch upon Thog's massive shoulders. Since Sweetums is touted to be 11 to 11&½ inches tall, I believe Thog should be taller by the most minimal fraction of an inch possible.
Examples: Thog- half an inch at 12 inches, one/fourth inch to 11 and three-fourths inches, etc.

I meant to design the backstage playset for my Series 12 ideas, but I guess I got lazy about it after getting involved with other threads here at MC. However, here's what I think could be done to create the Muppet Show theater, a deluxe playset featuring interlocking pieces.
A. The theater stage with Sweetums figure and Robin figure, and possibly #1 of the four African masks.
B. The backstage lot with either Thog figure or Pops figure and Gaffer figure, and possibly #2 of the four African masks.
C. The orchestra pit with Nigel figure, and possibly #3 of the four African masks.
D. The balcony booth with space for Statler and Waldorf's chairs with Thudge McGerk figure, and possibly #4 of the four African masks.
Other ideas included are the following:
Series 13: Trumpet Lady with either trumpet or trombone, Nigel, Johny Fiama, Sal Manila with stool, and Mamma Fiama in the Las Vegas Lounge.
Series 14: Andy Pig, Randy Pig, Nigel the MT director, Zippity-Zap, and Seymour in the MT control booth with working elevator.
Hopefully, you noticed that I bumped Pepé up to S7 due to his popularity; and that my ideas were formed before the announcement of the license extension. All of my ideas are subject to change as your wisdom over at Palisades Toys sees fit. Just hoping that this helps bolster our favorite action figure line.

The Killer of Threads, the Count.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Count,
Those ideas are interesting, but I would have to look at it from a marketing perspective, and have more anchor characters in each line. Some of your line-ups are a bit obscure to the casual fan. Also, we have royalties to pay on the movie licenses...so you would have to have a lot more movie related stuff in there in order to make it financially viable for us to produce!

Other than that, I liked the ideas...solid, very Muppet fan based.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetVison
What are those Disney figures your talking about?
These are an Asian market item, so they aren't for sale in the US, although you can technically get anything over the net these days. Check out some pics of these really great little PVC pieces here. Some actually have a couple of points of articulation. Use the Next button to see more of them at the bottom.

http://www.goblinjp.com/goblin/figure/disney/disney.html

Dork Diggler

Reaction score
Just a question. Are all of the new exclusives going to be carded
like the ww dr teeth, eb piggy and the tru kermit? Will any be in boxes like vanishing beaker and invisible fozzie?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dork Diggler
Just a question. Are all of the new exclusives going to be carded
like the ww dr teeth, eb piggy and the tru kermit? Will any be in boxes like vanishing beaker and invisible fozzie?
Vacation Fozzie will be carded. So will the Crash Helmet Gonzo. Most of the ones after that will be boxed, as most are for shows. It really depends on what the retailer wants. They can choose if they want blister or boxed, while the show exclusives, since they are our choice, will be boxed.

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
TOMY

Didn't I hear Diamond was bringing some of the Magical Kingdom stuff over? I could have swore I heard that just recently...

I have the Monsters Inc related ones, and they are pretty darn cute.

Yep, did a quick search around, and Diamond should have them in comic shops in December. First up, Sora, Riku, Donald Duck, and Goofy from the upcoming Disney/Capcom video game, Kingdom Hearts; plus Mickey Mouse and Pete from the classic Disney short, Steamboat Willie. $6 each retail.

I have the Steamboat Willie too - great!

Michael
MWC