Disney Live action movies confirmed for 2003

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
man...the coolest thing our band ever did was play halftime at the peach bowl in '95...

i MEAN coolest too...it was so cold out, that all the warm air that went through when i played caused a fault in the metal near my trigger to tear...

i didn't explain that well, but the point is, it was so cold that it broke my VERY EXPENSIVE trombone...and it was not cheap to fix...
*winces* Ouch. I'm a woodwind player instead of a brass player, but I think I kind of know what you're talking about. And I can sympathize. My junior year of high school my band was doing a 'Grease' show, and my lyre loosened the ring at the top of the bottom joint of my clarinet that it fell apart right there on the field. Fortunately we were at a part of the show where I was able to pick the bottom half of my horn up without being noticed, and I just BS-ed my way through the rest of the show.

grail

Reaction score
see...our band never diid any fun stuff like "Grease". instead our hitler-esque (who's name is actually hilmer, and he's a short guy with a mustache...hmm...) band director made us do things like...CARMINA BURANA!!! have you ever tried to backmarch in 7/8 time? and don't even get me started about the year we did "Firebird"...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Of course the reality is that they won't, the story will be some PG kid friendly dork filled celluloid torture that will feature cheap cameos, and lame/can't act their way out of a paper bag teen heart throb of the month stars. But I suppose if the actors are even remotely cute, I'll go see it! (Just kidding.....well maybe not)
I have to agree with this statement. While I'm not totally anti-Disney, I'm sick of their not being creative. Any wonder why the Pirates of the Carribean movie caught fire? HELLO?! It's fate telling them, "Be creative, you jerks!"

Disney is SO lost, and what's worse is that so much of America is dumb enough to fall into the theaters and watch every Disney film ever created because it says "Disney" in the title, or buy every dumb sequel produced.

Then again, I'm one of the kind of geeks that runs right out to everything with "Henson" in the title, so I don't have much room to shout, except that Henson isn't involved in too many sequels.

I just hope they lay off the "Kermit the Frog starring as" films, y'know?

Mayhem Diva

Reaction score
Carmina Burana!!

Grail, you just gave me a hearty guffaw! We played selections from Carmina Burana one year, too, and WE TOO had to freakin' back-march to that sucky 7/8 time!! I thought that we were the only ones besides drum & bugle corps that suffered through stuff like that.

I see, though, that you're from Indiana. I'd always been told that Indiana & Ohio were similar to Kentucky in that the marching bands were/are extremely competitive and place much more importance on sound, continuity, marching, etc. than some other areas of the country. My husband is from Vail, Colorado, and he's shocked at how seriously they take it here. He was actually in band *and* on the football team. I still haven't figured out how that was possible. I think they actually let him on the field to march in his football uniform. LOL

(I played trumpet and Byron played trombone, by the way. Of course, Byron holding a trombone looks like a picture of a right angle. :stick_out_tongue: )

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Carmina Burana!!

Originally posted by Mayhem Diva
My husband...was actually in band *and* on the football team.
He was? I never knew that! LOL!!

Really!

I didn't!

grail

Reaction score
Re: Carmina Burana!!

Originally posted by Mayhem Diva
Grail, you just gave me a hearty guffaw! We played selections from Carmina Burana one year, too, and WE TOO had to freakin' back-march to that sucky 7/8 time!! I thought that we were the only ones besides drum & bugle corps that suffered through stuff like that.

I see, though, that you're from Indiana. I'd always been told that Indiana & Ohio were similar to Kentucky in that the marching bands were/are extremely competitive and place much more importance on sound, continuity, marching, etc. than some other areas of the country. My husband is from Vail, Colorado, and he's shocked at how seriously they take it here. He was actually in band *and* on the football team. I still haven't figured out how that was possible. I think they actually let him on the field to march in his football uniform. LOL

(I played trumpet and Byron played trombone, by the way. Of course, Byron holding a trombone looks like a picture of a right angle. :stick_out_tongue: )
i also am a trombone player (mostly, i can play baritone, tuba and a LITTLE trumpet too), and yes...we take it VERY seriously here. we were always in unending battle with our arch-rivals, the Ben Davis "Giants" (whose had purple as one of their school colors, se we called them the "Marching Purple Giants"...which is better that the school whose mascot was the Trojans). i was the section leader and *I* was the one who would get chewed out if my section didn't march correctly. so i got creative one day, and tied them all together by the feet so they HAD to step on the same foot, with the one that marched the best in front, and marched them up and down the football field. i didn't let them untie themselves until they made it all the way down and back. it took a few tries, but they got it. then they complained and i got in "trouble". (really, the director called me into the office, started laughing, told me i was a genius, and never to do it again...but they made it through Carmina gol darnit!)