Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I haven't decided yet

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I'm still buying the set

Votes: 100 87.7%

• Total voters

MuppetXEdge

Reaction score
I just returned from a 3 week US tour and was pleased to see, when I went to Target to get some supplies, that the TMS Season 1 was out. I picked it up, but when I opened the set up at home I found that there was no booklet/insert/anything. Yet, there is a flap on the left side of the cover suggesting that there should be something there. I decided that I must have been skunked, so I went back to the store to exchange it. The new one was also empty. I decided to get my money back and look into this. Can anyone confirm if there is supposed to be a booklet/insert or something in this set?

dbarrie

Reaction score
Yes, there is supposed to be a small booklet listing the discs and their respective contents. Every guest's name is listed. There are also some photos with the Muppets and some of the S1 guests.

OI MuppetFan

MuppetXEdge said:
I just returned from a 3 week US tour and was pleased to see, when I went to Target to get some supplies, that the TMS Season 1 was out. I picked it up, but when I opened the set up at home I found that there was no booklet/insert/anything. Yet, there is a flap on the left side of the cover suggesting that there should be something there. I decided that I must have been skunked, so I went back to the store to exchange it. The new one was also empty. I decided to get my money back and look into this. Can anyone confirm if there is supposed to be a booklet/insert or something in this set?

Whatever

Reaction score
I am jealous. I bought one, of course, but it is in the US, and I am in England, and I don't get to see it until July 2006. Waaaaa. :cry:

anathema

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I am jealous. I bought one, of course, but it is in the US, and I am in England, and I don't get to see it until July 2006. Waaaaa. :cry:
Umm...why didn't you just get the UK release, which will arrive in November? :-P

Whatever

Reaction score
anathema said:
Umm...why didn't you just get the UK release, which will arrive in November? :-P
Because I'm gonna leave the UK in December, so it'd be a waste of money.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
KCJ506 said:
This also happened in the Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook tape. After they show the phernargelly(sp?) act, Piggy appears and talks to Fozzie. Both of them were being voiced by Frank Oz.
Did the encounter between Piggy and Fozzie occur in the linking footage or in a segment from the show? Because if it was something made after the first season, Richard Hunt wouldn't have performed Piggys voice.

KCJ506

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Did the encounter between Piggy and Fozzie occur in the linking footage or in a segment from the show? Because if it was something made after the first season, Richard Hunt wouldn't have performed Piggys voice.

In the linking footage. It was made after the show was cancelled. Both Fozzie & Piggy were performed by Frank Oz.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, I'm getting a little confused about when they have Frank perform Piggy in season 1 and when it's Richard. I just saw the UK spot in the Peter Ustinov episode where both Piggy and Fozzie sing and they're both voiced by Frank. What was up with that?

I'm guessing by the time that part of the show was filmed they were having Frank perform Piggy regularly, so he would have to get used to recording voices for both characters when they appear together.

I'm at the middle of the first season on the DVD and I've noticed it's Frank's Piggy seen backstage most of the time. Yet, it's Richard's in "At the Dance" and other sketches. I'm guessing a lot of them were taped early on.

In fact, I read in the Muppet Morsels for the Florence Henderson episode that Frank was performing Piggy regularly by that point.

But how does that explain the Harvey Korman episode? Richard performs Piggy through the whole episode in this. (The conversation panel in that ep, was really the only time I've seen Richard's Piggy get agressive like Frank's usually does. Most often Richard's Piggy was used for one-liners.) Anyway, that one came later than the Florence Henderson episode. What's the deal with that?

Also, we've established that the reason Richard and Frank shared Piggy was that Richard was a stronger singer and could do her singing voice better. Yet, other than "Temptation," most songs by Piggy were performed by Frank.

Can somebody give me more info on this? Thanks.

Honbrifcl

Reaction score
All seasons already out on DVD? Uncut???

I am really astonished!!!! I stumbled over this one:

https://www.empiricalfilm.com/products.php?iProductID=308&iCollectionID=77

Does enybody know what this is? Do they already sell all seasons? Uncut?? Region free??? Or is it low quality? Exactly as shown on TV: they taped them from TV?
Maybe one of you know what this is...??? Are they trustworthy?
Is this legitimate? Does anyone have experience?