What stories would you like to see the muppets do?

AAO

Reaction score
I really do like that last idea! I actually see it working! Call it:
"The Muppets Take The World" - LOL!

BEAR

Reaction score
baba said:
robin hood kermit as robin hood and fozzie as his friend

Robin Hood might be cool..

Robin Hood: Kermit
Little John: Fozzie
Will Scarlett: Gonzo
Maid Marian: Miss Piggy
Friar Tuck: Sam Eagle
Alan-a-Dale: Rowlf
Sheriff of Nottingham: Statler and Waldorf

BEAR

Reaction score
I would love to see the classic Muppets get together with the Sesame Street Muppets again (like in Muppet Family Christmas), only I'd like to see them all go to Sesame Street. Prawncracker's fan fic, Revenge of Elmo, made me wonder what it would be like if some of those characters visited Sesame Street.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
BEAR said:

Again they did it on the Muppet Show with Lynn Redgrave. You got the Kermit and Fozzie roles correct. Scooter played Alan O Dale, I believe. Gonzo was the Sheriff. I don't remember if anyone played Will Scarlett.

Piggy played "Sister Tuck", though she schemed to get Lynn Redgraves role of Maid Marian, much like she did for the Alice In Wonderland show. She had Lynn kidnapped and locked in her dressing room, and she took her place on stage.

chicamuppet

Reaction score
Oh, those are marvellous ideas!! Robin Hood and Alice could work quite well, they should do it.
Perhaps "The Importance of being Ernest" by Oscar Wilde can be also a chance for a new muppet film.
And what about Peter Pan? Has it already being suggested? I think I read it, I´m not sure. Anyway:
Peter Pan: Kermit
Wendy: Piggy
Cap. Hook: Gonzo
Michael and John: Piggy´s nepheus
Indian Chief: Fozzie
Smee:Rizzo

I wanna give a role to Scooter, but I don´t know which one. Ideas?

Beauregard

Reaction score
This is how I would cast Peter Pan:

Peter - Kermit (naturally)
Wendy - Piggy (obviously)
John - Fozzie
Michael - Gonzo (change the charcter a little...)
Smee could be Rizzo, as Chica suggested.
The Lost Boys - replaced with "The Lost Band" Guess who.
The Indian Girl - Skeeter (with a new role of an idian boy given to Scooter)
But my best cast...*hehehe* is TinkerBell.

Tinkerbell - Pepe! ("I am so not a fairy, h'okey!")

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
Again they did it on the Muppet Show with Lynn Redgrave. You got the Kermit and Fozzie roles correct. Scooter played Alan O Dale, I believe. Gonzo was the Sheriff. I don't remember if anyone played Will Scarlett.

Piggy played "Sister Tuck", though she schemed to get Lynn Redgraves role of Maid Marian, much like she did for the Alice In Wonderland show. She had Lynn kidnapped and locked in her dressing room, and she took her place on stage.
There was also a story book that you can read here that cast them in the roles of Robin Hood.

Vibs

Reaction score
BEAR said:

Don't know if somebody already said this but actually they did do "Robin Hood" in an episode of The Muppet Show. Having, erhhhm the gueststar (what's her name again?) doing Marian, Kermit playing Robin Hood, Foizzie playing little John, Gonzo playing (not sure who he was actually) some evil soldier who was torturing maid marian. Or well, actually the only person he was torturing was himself... Um, and Piggy demanded a role so kermit said she could do "Sister Tuck" - which she of course got furious about. Because she wanted to be maid marian. And then... um....

... Am I the only one around here who've seen this episode?

Edited: Actually just ignore this post. Oh boy do I feel stupid. :stick_out_tongue:

Beige

Reaction score
I'd like to see a Muppet "Magnificent Seven"-

Kermit as Chris (Yul Brenner)
Fozzie as Vin (Steve McQueen)
Rizzo as Chico (Horst Bucholtz)
Piggy as Harry (Brad Dexter)
Gonzo as O'Reilly (Charles Bronson)
Johnny Fiama as Lee (Robery Vaughn)
Lew Zealand as Britt (James Coburn)

Calvera would be cast with a human actor, but his banditos would all be muppets, with Pepe as the head Bandito.

The farmers would be mostly rats, with a few chickens, pigs and penguins thrown in for flavor. Maria, Chico's love interest, would of course be Lola. Statler and Waldorf could take the role of The Old Man, who advises the villagers to stand and fight.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
In my opinion, the Muppets work best when they play themselves. The movies where they play other characters from a book or movie aren't that good. But that's just my opinion.

ryan