What stories would you like to see the muppets do?

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Since the muppets have done "The Wizard of Oz", "A Christmas Carol", and "Treasure Island," we know they can play other parts besides playing themselves. So what stories would you like to see the muppets do? I'd like to see that muppets do Jane Austen's "Pride & Prejudice" with Miss Piggy playing Miss Bennet and Kermit playing Mr. Darcy.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Pride and Prejudice would be very interesting! I would love to see the Muppets do Alice in Wonderland, I think it could be very interesting!

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Alice in Wonderland would be interesting! Especially if Alice was played by a human actress.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
What I'd really love to see would be an original story that would go back and show Kermit's beginning in showbiz, starting with him "joining" the cast of Sam and Friends. I think that'd be a lot of fun.

Rowlf+Buster

Reaction score
Ok so I think for a Muppet adaption the story has got to be very very well known, Adventurous, Oppurtunities for songs, Speicial effects ( People want to see the muppets stretched like Gonzo in MTI and flying in MCC) , not a very complex plot (so it can be Muppetised easily) , Family orientated packed with jokes (both visual and word jokes) and lots of charecters (for cameos etc. eg. Pirates in MTI) And after all that I can't THINK OF ONE!!! :embarrassed:

EDIT: Forgot something Characters have to play characters like themselves I mean You can't have Kermit play a bad guy! e.g he played the captain in the centre of all the mayhem in MTI which is just like him in real life!

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Pride and Prejudice would be very interesting! I would love to see the Muppets do Alice in Wonderland, I think it could be very interesting!
They already did that on TMS for the Brooke Sheilds episode. Might be interesting to see them do a full length feature, however.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Anything original. Go to Japan and water-ski, paint the Empire State building plaid, shave Animal's head and have him fight Dennis Leary, sabotage the internet and rename in Bernie Walotsky... anything except re-make another story where they play back seat to VH1's flavor of the month, anything that puts them in the spotlight and not a co-star. :crazy:

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
They already did that on TMS for the Brooke Sheilds episode. Might be interesting to see them do a full length feature, however.
They did? I never saw that. Could you tell me how it went? Thanks.

Rowlf+Buster

Reaction score
Brooke Sheilds Alice and Wonderland Episode

Brooke Sheilds is Alice and Piggy is The Queen Of Hearts (Link being the King) but Piggy wants to be Alice so when Bunsen and beaker's "dessert" makes her smaller Piggy tries to accidently step on her.
Gonzo is the mad Hatter
statler and Waldorf are Tweedle Dee and Twedle dum
Floyd is The Caterpillar
Humpty Dumpty sings a song
In the UK skit Fozzie Floyd Dr. Teeth and Gonzo and some other muppets do a song
Scooter and Rowlf do a Jabberwocky sketch
Marvin Suggs is a Judge
And at the end they all sing Off to see the wizard?
Not nessesarily in that order there is the story of it too

I think
For more info go to the kermitage

Xerus

Reaction score
I posted this once before, But I think it would be neat if the Muppets did the famous story, Around the World in 80 Days.

Kermit could play the hero, Phileas FROG.

Gonzo could play his sidekick who does all sorts of stunts for travel money.

Miss. Piggy could play the Indian Princess.

Sam could play the snooty club president who issues Kermit the bet.

Some famous live actor could play Detective Fixx.

And every country they go to, they'd meet a familiar Muppet. They'd meet Rowlf in Canada who's the leader of a sled dog team. Fozzie performing in a Russian circus. The Electric Mayhem performing in New York. Rizzo and his rat buddies in Paris stealing cheese and hiding in the sewers. Johnny Fiama and Sal performing in Rome. And they could meet the Swedish Chef in the undiscovered land of Mock Sweden.