Labyrinth Sequel

SKANZO

Reaction score
I don't see how nudity / sex / drugs would in anyway affect her ability to recapture the spirit of Sarah. She's an actress, this is what she does for a living. That wasn't Jennifer Connelly in Labyrinth, that was Sarah, same goes for Requiem For A Dream (which is what I assume you are referring to).

If you have issues with Jennifer's choice in roles, I highly suggest you don't dig into Bowie closet, especially considering he had years and years of career before Labyrinth ever came along with plenty of music and filming material you may not agree with, but yet, he did just fine as Jareth and everyone here loves him.

Also, have you seen Phenomena (1985) aka Creepers (USA) by Dario Argento, one of the masters of horror and thriller exploitation filming? It is a very graphic horror film in which Jennifer starred in before Labyrinth, I don't think you would like the film if you were to try and compare it to Labyrinth, but it just goes to show you, that even at a young age, she was very versatile in her acting ability.

You know, I'd love a decent sequel, but I doubt we'll get it. First off, the sequel would need to involve the original actors.

While I can't speculate for David Bowie, Jennifer Connelly had made her own choice in acting. She's done a lot of nudity:frown: , and not just a little peek either.:eek: I'm just not sure that even if she did agree to a sequel, she could recapture her role as Sarah. I'm not saying she doesn't have the talent to do it, it's just that Sarah's character might be harder for her to recapture, now that she's older and had developed her own style.

Monsoon

Reaction score
I don't see how nudity / sex / drugs would in anyway affect her ability to recapture the spirit of Sarah. She's an actress, this is what she does for a living. That wasn't Jennifer Connelly in Labyrinth, that was Sarah, same goes for Requiem For A Dream (which is what I assume you are referring to).

If you have issues with Jennifer's choice in roles, I highly suggest you don't dig into Bowie closet, especially considering he had years and years of career before Labyrinth ever came along with plenty of music and filming material you may not agree with, but yet, he did just fine as Jareth and everyone here loves him.

Also, have you seen Phenomena (1985) aka Creepers (USA) by Dario Argento, one of the masters of horror and thriller exploitation filming? It is a very graphic horror film in which Jennifer starred in before Labyrinth, I don't think you would like the film if you were to try and compare it to Labyrinth, but it just goes to show you, that even at a young age, she was very versatile in her acting ability.
The post was just my opinion. And I really don't appreciate you're telling me what I may and may not like. If you feel you know my tastes based on this one post, that's fine. All I said that since she's changed so much as an actress, it might be hard for her to recapture her role as Sarah, but I would love to see her again in that role. My comments on her nudity are just my opinion, that's all.

And I have see her in other roles. I do agree that she's a good actress, and that she can give depth to her characters. She was so good in "A Beautiful Mind" . It's like some roles are just written for her, and you can't picture anyone else playing them.

And I know all about Bowie, but anyone can live their life the way that they want. Each person's happiness is up to themselves. Anyway, I've seen a few things of his, and he's beyond talented. If I could play half as many musical instruments as he can, I'd be thrilled.

Maybe you shouldn't make judgements about a person until you know them. Have a nice day.

SKANZO

Reaction score
Dude, lighten up, not making judgments on you, it's just a message board, no reason to take things personally. :stick_out_tongue:

SKANZO

Reaction score
No worries, it's fine, just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was attacking your character, just posting my opinions :wink:

BTW, what do you think of the Manga sequel books? Personally the first one was a bit weak, I haven't finished the second one yet...a little "kiddie" though, not sure about them....

GoblinBabe

Reaction score
I'd like to know where they are trying to take the story. Maybe a little more background, like where did the Queen of Cups come from? That's a Tarot card. So far the only thing that's really a sequel to the movie are the original charaters. Why is Jareth required to give up the throne after 1300 years? Why was his hand burned in the first book? It just seems to me that they are creating more questions than answers. :smirk:

Monsoon

Reaction score
I wasn't to happy with the art for the first volume. Sarah didn't even look like Sarah! But, I liked the art for the secound one.

The plot is interesting. I'm hopting to see Sarah smack the Queen of Cups for the stuff she's doing. If I had my way, I'd just sic Animal on her and sit back and watch the fun.

It can be a bit kiddie, but to me, that's part of the story, like with the Bog of Eternal Stench and How Sarah first saw Hoggle. When I first saw the movie, that shocked me.