Thog's voice

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Does anybody have clips of Thog speaking? I have been really curious about the way he talks.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
By the way, this is my first time here. I am a fan of the Muppets, and I would like to be part of your discussions.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Thank you! Weird, I thought his voice would be deeper than that. Due to him being so big and all. It's nice to meet you.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've noticed in the first season when he was performed by Jerry Nelson, his voice sounded sort of like the voice that Jerry used for Mr. Snuffleupagus. I've also heard that he was performed by Dave and Steve, so he probably had a different voice later on. I've never heard him in anything besides a first season episode though, so I'm just guessing.

DerekJ

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I've noticed in the first season when he was performed by Jerry Nelson, his voice sounded sort of like the voice that Jerry used for Mr. Snuffleupagus. I've also heard that he was performed by Dave and Steve, so he probably had a different voice later on. I've never heard him in anything besides a first season episode though, so I'm just guessing.
Actually, the MP3 sounds like it was from one of the fairytale proto-specials--

The first-season episode was where he had a musical number with Kaye Ballard(?), and yeah, Nelson did sound a little too much like Snuffy.

G-MAN

Reaction score
Actually that (the MP3) was from the Muppet Valentine Show where Thog sang with Mia Farrow.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Jerry Nelson is the only performer who has voiced Thog. Steve Whitmire has been inside the puppet at least twice, and Dave Goelz may have been inside the puppet (I don't know for sure if he has), but Jerry Nelson is the only performer who has ever voiced the character.

D

Dil

I don't think Dave have been inside the Thog puppet.

Kermitage didn't say Thog had been performed by Dave.