Thog's voice

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Dil said:
I don't think Dave have been inside the Thog puppet.

Kermitage didn't say Thog had been performed by Dave.
That doesn't mean that he has never been inside the puppet. Many of the characters have been performed by performers who didn't regularly perform them, mainly in crowd scenes, but the guide mainly listed the main performers of each character, or some alternate performers who performed the voice (Steve Whitmire as Thog is an exception). It would probably be impossible to list every performer who has performed but never voiced a certain character, unless there is an official source (like if a Behind-the-Scenes book shows pictures of somebody being performed by someone else in a crowd scene or if a performer mentions it in an interview). Also, the Kermitage guide does have errors. Several months ago, at the Muppet Wiki website, the person who wrote the character guide admitted that he was wrong with a lot of the information posted, regarding names and performers. That guide has hardly been updated since it was added to the site. I know that Steve Whitmire performed Thog in the Alice Cooper episode (I've read an interview with him where he mentioned performing Thog in the closing number), and he performed Thog in the Loretta Switt episode (I've heard that there are pictures of him wearing the suit in Of Muppets and Men). There isn't any official confirmation that I know of that states whether Dave Goelz performed Thog (and most of Thog's appearances on The Muppet Show were non-speaking).

Kiki

Reaction score
Sounds like an early Snuffy.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
He sounds a bit younger and more nasal than Snuffy. Take Snuffy back a few years, and you've got Thog. Jerry did something similair with Gobo and Robin.