Frank and Jerry only working on Sesame

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This has kind of been troubleing me for some time. Why are Frank and Jerry just doing SS i can understand Frank maybe but if Jerry has truly retired then why is he so involved with SS the last few shows i have wachted he has even been on the street as additional muppets and Harry for a few minites wich was really nice to see but i just am really confused. Are they really still wanting to work with the muppets but dont like what JHC or Disney is doing and if Frank want to stay away from puppets because they may be to kidish then why is he working on SS the most out of all of the muppet shows that is for kids. can anyone clear this up for me. :embarrassed: :sing:

BEAR

Reaction score
Frank Oz wants to immerse himself more in his directing career. He has retired altogether from the Muppets but occassionally will go and play one of his old characters on Sesame Street. Jerry Nelson retired from his Muppet Show characters only. He is still doing Sesame Street.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even realize Frank even made rare occasional appearances, I thought he was totally gone for good. When was the last time he performed on SS?

golden teeth

Reaction score
Frank, I believe, does new material about 3 times or 3 times a season. Jerry does the Count on every episode of Sesame Street now, plus is doing the Fraggle Rock and Dark Crystal movie. All he was even missing from was Muppets Wizard of Oz. He wasn't really needed in MWoO. Floyd had a one liner, Lew Zealand had a small role, Crazy Harry only had a few lines. I bet they could still get him to do a few voiceovers.

golden teeth

Reaction score
Frank, I believe, does new material about 2 times or 3 times a season. Jerry does the Count on every episode of Sesame Street now, plus is doing the Fraggle Rock and Dark Crystal movie. All he was even missing from was Muppets Wizard of Oz. He wasn't really needed in MWoO. Floyd had a one liner, Lew Zealand had a small role, Crazy Harry only had a few lines. I bet they could still get him to do a few voiceovers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Wow, I didn't even realize Frank even made rare occasional appearances, I thought he was totally gone for good. When was the last time he performed on SS?
Oh sure, sometimes in some of these newer skits and sketches, you'll be able to hear Frank's Bert...but sadly, I haven't seen anything new with Frank's Grover lately or Cookie Monster...or maybe I have and just don't remember. I've kinda gotten used to Eric's Bert and Grover, and David's Cookie Monster.
Hey, is it true that Frank was going to quit doing Bert after Jim's death?:confused:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I posted in another thread that I clearly heard Frank do Cookie opposite Eric's Grover. I read somewhere that only Eric does Grover now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I posted in another thread that I clearly heard Frank do Cookie opposite Eric's Grover. I read somewhere that only Eric does Grover now.
Aw, that's too bad, I'll miss Frank's Grover, but sadly, when watching A Celebration of Me, Grover, it sounded like Frank was starting to get out of Grover practice.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
It's usually not getting out of practice, Frank Oz's voice has changed as he's gotten older. For some, their voices never change. They'll have the one change, from their childhood voice to their adult one. Others have two, that first one and then it changes again as they get older. But yeah, that's awful for puppeteers and VO artists when that happens. It automatically changes all their character voices and makes it hard to do voicework.