Ask Ken at Palisades

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hairfarmer
Getting off the DC soap box, Let me put in yet another vote for Lipps.
I was originally only going to get the Electric Mayhem stuff (so as not to spend a fortune on the entire line) but the more I look at the other figures/playsets and hear about what's coming up I'm wavering.
That's funny..when I first heard and saw these figures, before I ever came here but when they first appeared on pre-orders at online stores, that's what I thought too..but then I SAW the figures and played with a few...bought dr.teeth one day...a couple days later got Bunsen..then Kermit and finally EB piggy...and the lab of course as soon as I saw it...still thinking though that I'd only get Mayhem and maybe the rest of the "family" until I saw wave 2 and thought "hmmmm" and decided I need them all :smile:

umm..what was my point? Oh, yeah...it starts with the band but it sucks you in!!! :big_grin:

Oh, and I want a Lips figure too

tomahawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by JohnFranklin
And they only have 80 days to do it too! Isn't that how long the "cooling off' period lasts? In 80 they could go right back to a lock out.

jf
yeah, but it finally sounds like people(meaning bush)are figuring out that this is actually hurting us more than iraq right now(last i heard we were losing 1 to 2 billion dollars a day). i think they will fix it in the 80 days.

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Originally posted by tomahawk
yes, they are going back to work. but remember they have about 200 ships to unload. here's hoping series two is on the first ship.
Well unfortunatley, first ship or not, even if they got all the crates with series 2 off the boat today they still have to get processed, then trucked to Palisade's processing center, inventoried, checked by Quality Control etc etc. So the earlist I would have expected them to ship would have been in two weeks. Besides,I just got an e-mail update from EB saying that the publisher(Palisades?) has re-set the ship date for November 14th. I'm not complaing, just anxious and a little dissapointed.:frown:
J~

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Originally posted by Aerosmith
Whos Janet? :stick_out_tongue:
Sorry, JanICE. My bad. This is what I get for typing a post and talking to my boss on the phone at the same time.
J~

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby

I'm still haven't figured out who the Muppet Busts are supposed to be for. I have heard a lot of praise in this community about them and their sculpts, yet I've only seen a mere handful of people who are set to purchase them. I would love to have them, but the justification of the price as well as display space just doesn't add up.
Muppet Fans with a lot of dough on their hands! Weren't the originally supposed to be like 60- 80 bucks? Now they're over a hundered! I'd rather (myself) buy a couple of the action figure series instead!

Drtooth

Reaction score
BTW, Ken... How strong are the "hat magnets"? Will they disrupt any electronics? Will they cause any interference?

Rufus

Reaction score
Ken, thanks for that info on Palisades and the DC license. I wondered about ever since you said a little while ago that "Palisades probably wouldn't pick up the license", it's always nice to know the reasoning behind such decisions.

I have to wonder though, if Sideshow had put out some sort of Skeksis product (whether it be a 12" one, a 24" one like they had planned at one point, or even a smaller scaled action figure) would they be rotting on the shelves like the Gelflings? The Gelflings are the most boring character designs in the film (IMO, although I guess they are step up from the Pod people), I think they were easy for people to pass up, even if they had had perfect likenesses. A Skeksis on the other hand, would have looked cool no matter what, even if it wasn't a perfect likeness, and it would have tapped into the monster/horror fanbase more then the Gelflings did.

A Dark Crystal line could be very neat and varied (I've thought up different ways I would handle it if I was "in charge", much like I use to do with Muppet figures until some toy company actually started making them...) but I also wonder if the support would actually be there.

- R -

plucky

Reaction score
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Aerosmith

OHHHHH another McFarlane collector! Welcome!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to get too far off topic, I wouldn't call myself a McFarlane collector, or any collector. I just like toys :smile: Sure, I have lots of them, and a few in doubles, but overall, just lots and lots of toys, hehehe.

(to draw this back on topic) like Muppet toys! We haven't opened all of our Muppet toys yet, but that is more of a "we have no room to display them so we'll leave them in the package for now" thing. Bunsen and the Lab are open, but that's all for now.

More toys, more!

plucky

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I find it interesting from some of the recent posts that the many of the audience for Dark Crystal figures did not buy the Sideshow figures. I would count myself in the group of people who want DC figures and didn't buy Sideshow. <<<

Yeah, Im a huge DC fan but just laughed at Sidehsow's DC product. Man I so wish Palisades could make actual cool DC figures, and finally a Skeksis!