Ask Ken at Palisades

plucky

Reaction score
Yea, what Misfit Toy said :smile:

This is my first post here, and I must say it is Ken from Palisades that made me register. I think it is extremely cool that he takes his time to chat with the general Fanatic Muppet populous here at Muppet Central! All the information here makes me feel that reading Toy Fare is just the tip of the iceberg for interesting toy news, and that keeping up with everything must be darn near impossible! Maybe I should switch careers, sounds like fun :wink:

I love the new Muppet line. My girlfriend and I were happy we decided not to start buying the Simpsons toy line when we read there would be Muppet figures (the sheer bulk of Simpsons figures also makes us glad we didn’t start buying it!) We have some of Series 1 (Kermit, Bunsen, Dr. Teeth and Muppet Labs… we might get the long hair Piggy exclusive) and will be buying some of every line we see coming (Floyd and Animal? We need to buy a house to display everything now!) The figures are all amazing, the only strange thing is seeing everyone’s entire body, instead of just waist up :wink:

While I understand why Dark Crystal figures likely won’t emerge, I’ll add my 2 cents anyway. When we heard there would be Dark Crystal toys from Sideshow, we were very excited. Unfortunately, when we finally saw the dolls, we didn’t like them all that much, very sad. So, while two people who would buy a set of Dark Crystal toys won’t make much difference in Palisades making them, we would!

Of course, the core Fraggles would be great to get too, but I’ll just cross my fingers and wish the line the best of luck. “May you have more series of Muppet toys then McFarlane has Spawn!”

plucky

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the Dark Crystal dolls. That is one of my favorite films - if not my absolute favorite - and I would love to have representations of it. But the fact that they looked so nondescript and boring kept me from buying them. I think someone wanted to Barbie them up to appear more attractive and in the process made them look bland. The fact there will be no Skeksis solidified by not buying them. Isn't that where they should have started in the first place?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Of course, someone else could have a different take, but I am not sure there is historical precedent to suggest the contract would become invalid if the sale of the company became a reality.
The contract wouldn't become invalid - they would need to buy you guys out of it at a premium price. There are a couple of precedents in merchandising in general but it's quite rare and would only usually happen if the parent had exclusive connections with another toy company or had ownership of one itself. As you say, with the figure line already in full swing and making money it wouldn't make much sense to move it elsewhere and would be costly. I tend to think it's unlikely to happen with anyone other than Disney or at a stretch, Time Warner.

Saban isn't a bad choice for the licensee's - all the deals would likely stay in place and he would likely not interfere too much.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ooooooh! I want these figures now!!! A castle mini set would be a must!! A before and after.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Okay I am getting a headache here folks and perhaps a nervous breakdown is in the works. Am I reading things correctly or is there a possibility that Saban is buying the rights to the muppets and could at one point discontinue the Palisades line.
Okay my question is who is Saban and do they produce toys of their own? I really couldn't see them discontinuing the Palisade Muppet lines as they are a fast selling success. Final word Ken so that we may all sleep better.... Ken in your opinion are the muppet figure/Palisades line in troube?

If this is a joke, or someone's idea of a joke thread...
I'm not laughing and I have a feeling I am not alone.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

Dr. Tooth, Im afraid it looks that way past series 3, at least.
Im sure Ken and co. will still be able to produce limited versions that were already scheduled...but from a Palisades representitive this moring via a press release it looks like Bandai will indeed be taking over the licence agreement. Maybe ya could circulate a petition?
Beaker... buddy... please say you're joking...you're not????

Man! 2002 looks like crap, and 2003 looks worse!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
That was someone having a little fun. No need to panic.

Ken, bubballah, please tell me he was joking! At least have it go to series 5! I can't live without my Electric mayheim, or the Pigs in Space!