Seriously, What do want to do when you grow up?

F

furryredmonster

I will go to a college in Indiana (my mom will not let me out of state or far away from home, even on the other side of Indiana is not alright, I have to be an hour or two away) and I have to come home everday... :frown: Which will be alot of driving. She either does not trust me or can not stand for me to be away but I think she just worrys about me to much.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I decided I wanna do journalism for a magazine. And have my own column. And interview lots of fabulous showbiz types! :big_grin:

BEAR

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
I will go to a college in Indiana (my mom will not let me out of state or far away from home, even on the other side of Indiana is not alright, I have to be an hour or two away) and I have to come home everday... :frown: Which will be alot of driving. She either does not trust me or can not stand for me to be away but I think she just worrys about me to much.

You are still so young so maybe things will change when it happens, but you should be able to go to college anywhere you want to. Afterall, that's 4 years of your life.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Wow, such big dreams.

As for me, I'm about to finish my fourth year in University. I'm an Ingleesh Magir (translation: English Major XD) so I can only assume that in five years...

I'll be living in a ditch. Maybe, if I aim high enough, I'll even have a tarp. (That's where most English Majors end up)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Grow up? Grow up??? NEVER!!!!!!

However, when I get older, I'll probably do something with writing. I love writing, I always have, and at this rate, I always will. I think I'd like to work with children somehow, too. Very young children particularly fascinate me, which I realized last night while watching my cousin's son play with some of my blocks. I'm not sure what exactly I would want to do with young children, though, except maybe stare at them. I don't think you get paid for staring at kids, though... that sounds more like something that could get you in trouble with the police somehow.

But anyway, I'll definately do something with writing. I'm not sure what, but something. Ideally I would love to write for the Muppets, but we'll see- I might actually come up with my own original ideas and write some best-selling novel or something... that would be nice. In the meantime, I'm taking AP Language and Composition, and although it's painful and my grades aren't always the greatest and I don't necessarily enjoy the assignments, I do think it has improved my writing. I haven't quite decided what English class(es) I'll take next year, and the only decision I've made about after high school is that I'll go to college. Where? To study what? To do what afterwards? Heh, your guess is about as good as mine. For now, I'm just taking one step at a time.

MrsPepper said:
I have a few backup plans incase things fall through, which I'm always afraid might happen. But I WON'T fail. I won't let myself fail. Cause it's my dream.
I applaud your determination. Heck, have a standing ovation for your determination! Pepper, that's the right attitude if I've ever seen it! And, if I may say so, you sound like someone who has been heavily influenced by the Muppets... In a good way, of course...

"I guess I was wrong when I said I never promised anybody. I promised me."

"...'Cause the show's not dead as long as I believe in it. And I'm gonna sell that show. And we're all gonna be on Broadway. You hear me, New York? We're gonna be on Broadway! Because, because I'm not giving up! I'm still here and I'm stayin'! You hear that, New York? I'm stayin' here. The frog is stayin'!"

"You can't take no for an answer"

"Yeah, well, I've got a dream too. But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy..."

...Do you want me to keep going? Because I can...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Thank you, Toga. Your comments mean so much to me. :smile: And yes, feel free to quote away. ^^ The quotes fit exactly, don't they.

But yeah. I need alot of determination. And I guess the Muppets have helped me there. ^^ Because animation is a hard field to get into, and it's not like job opportunities are jumping out of the woodwork or anything, either. You gotta put alot into it, work really hard, and be the best. Which is really hard to do. (And since college aps are due at the beggining of Febrary, I'm getting pretty scared about the whole thing). I am so determined to do this. I think the want beats down the fear, for the most part. And I know it is a bit of a long shot, but that's why I have to work even harder, you know? I have to be realistic about the whole situation. It's a dream, but dreams like this require hard work and a backbone in order for them to be realised. So I've got a few plans. If A fails, I'm going to B (which is a portfolio program). If B fails, hopefully C will pull through. I'm going to work my butt off until I succeed. :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Well hopefully after I get out of college, I'll go to med school. That's the ultimate plan. I'd love to be a general physician.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I plan to be a writer...but recently my writing has hit major road-blocks and disasster...so I'm reaching the "Oh! Panic! What do I wanna do with my life!" stage.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You could be the computer guy in an enviroment activist group thing.

Yes, I could.... maybe I should....
Well, actually computer "gal', hehe!

Aw...Your mother just loves you and doesn't want to lose her baby! I think it's knid of sweet of her. I guees it parents job to worrie about their children like that!:smile: