New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

rbendtzen

Reaction score
Hi.

My name is Rob Bendtzen, otherwise known as rbendtzen on this forum. I am a totally blind person who just loves the muppets and Sesame Street.

I particularly like the classic muppets and the movies with them.

As for Sesame Street, I was first introduced to it through the LPs. I had Sesame Street 2 when I was growing up.

Anyway, since I am blind, I am always relying on a lot of audio. I am always looking for out-of-print, rare Muppet and Sesame Street audio MP3s.

I hope I can get help from you guys in the future. Have fun.

Rob Bendtzen

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Rob and welcome to Muppet Central. Glad to have you onboard. As a fellow blind person, though mine isn't as total as yours, I too appreciate the audio songs and recorded dialogue nowadays. Would recommend if you're looking for any song or album in particular, head on over to the Lots of MUP3's thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade section. The team of MUP3 heroes will hopefully help you out quicker than Super Grover can crash into the side of a building. Have a good day and have fun exploring the rest of the forum.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Indeed, welcome Rob! I'm Kate, and I'm also nearly totally blind. Good to have you here!
For the record, I also love it when we have a long-time member who's never posted, who decides to do so. It's one more pulled out of the ranks of those with 0 posts, and it's also good to know they're still around and feel like joining us!
:smile:

Quesal

Reaction score
Hey Rob! Nice to hear from ya! I think you're gonna have fun here!

Reaction score
Just a quick hello and an introduction. I've just joined but have been a long time lurker on Muppet Central. Like, a really loooong time.

I learned to read by watching Sesame Street, with the added side effect that it gave me an American accent as a child (I'm not American). I have since lost the accent but not the love for the Street. I've been keeping up with the goings on as much as I can and am right now trawling through the 'G is for Growing' book. I'm in children's television so, although it's written like a school paper, it's pretty interesting to me.

Of course, I fell in love with the Muppet Show too though, strangely, as an adult, it is Sesame Street that always draws me back. I think it reminds me of more innocent times. And I think it's easily the best children's show ever. Unlike so many of the bland nothingness shows, it is actually good for children. Not the television equivalent of junk food.

Wow, who knew my introduction would take the form of a rant? What kind of impression does that give?

Anyway, I'm pleased to be here, though a little daunted - having lurked here for so long, I know just about everything that could ever be said about Muppets has already been said here.

chrisfason

Reaction score
hi. okay, first post. muppet-wise, i grew up w/ "the muppet show" and "sesame street". i count "the great muppet caper" among my all time favorite movies. i recently joined my church's puppet ministry cast and have been immersing myself in all things puppetry-related. i hope to soon begin building some of my own puppets.

i'm a graphic designer and sometimes cartoonist. i'm the co-creator of a little indy comic book called "hero happy hour". um... i dunno, we'll learn more about each other as we go along.

this seems like a really great place and i look forward to being here.

:big_grin:

BlakeMP

Reaction score
hi. okay, first post. muppet-wise, i grew up w/ "the muppet show" and "sesame street". i count "the great muppet caper" among my all time favorite movies. i recently joined my church's puppet ministry cast and have been immersing myself in all things puppetry-related. i hope to soon begin building some of my own puppets.

i'm a graphic designer and sometimes cartoonist. i'm the co-creator of a little indy comic book called "hero happy hour". um... i dunno, we'll learn more about each other as we go along.

I loved Hero Happy Hour! Any chance of it ever coming back?

chrisfason

Reaction score
I loved Hero Happy Hour! Any chance of it ever coming back?
wow, i totally didn't expect anyone to recognize it. dan taylor will possibly be moving forward with 2 more issues, but with a new artist. i'll still be listed as co-creator and will possibly do covers, but i'm just not as interested in making comics anymore. i have a much more satisfying job than i did when making the 1st 6 issues and i just want to do other things, like play wii with my 5-year-old. :stick_out_tongue:

turkishproverb

Reaction score

I loved hero happy hour. Sorry you got stomped on by marvel and DC over the whole "Super" thing.

Welcome here.

chrisfason

Reaction score
I loved hero happy hour. Sorry you got stomped on by marvel and DC over the whole "Super" thing.

Welcome here.
it was actually kind of funny. we got these fat envelopes in the mail from new york and were like "wow! marvel or dc noticed us! maybe they want us to pitch something!" but it was a huge stack of printouts of everything we had on cafepress and the covers of our comics w/ a cease and desist letter. it wasn't worth fighting and we got a cool new logo out of it from jim keplinger.

i appreciate the kind words for HHH from you guys.

while i will only be minimally involved in new HHH stuff, i forgot to mention earlier, we are brewing something up for zuda. don't have a script to draw from yet, but we're just playing it by ear...