New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you new to Muppet Central? Then this is the discussion for you.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your Muppet experiences and interests. Did you get into the Muppets at an early age or just recently? What are some of your favorite Muppet memories, characters, movies, or shows?

Whatever your perspective on Henson's creations you are welcome here and we're looking forward to getting to know you!

rurulesunc

Reaction score
Well I guess I will be the first new member to post on this board. Whooo hooo!

I just found this site the other day and love it!!! I have been a HUGE Muppet fan for as long as I can remember. (I am 23 now). I was very upset when the Muppetfest dates were changed last year and it ended up that I couldnt go. I cant wait til they have another one. Now, my ultimate goal in life is to work with the Muppets. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. I cant wait to get to know you all better!

April

beaker

Reaction score
>>I was very upset when the Muppetfest dates were changed last year and it ended up that I couldnt go. I cant wait til they have another one. Now, my ultimate goal in life is to work with the Muppets. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. I cant wait to get to know you all better!<<<

first off welcome to the new MC! As youll see, you'll probably fit in with all of us zany wacky people^_^ I see FL is home to several
cool MC members now!:wink:

About the Muppetfest date change, it was really hard on a lot of people understandably. I regret there were people who planned to go a year ago and couldnt make the rescheduled December change. I really hope you are able to make it this time(supposedly march 2003 in NYC, but that isnt official yet)
as it is really one of the coolest experiences. Seeing an actual live production of the Muppet Show and just seeing the Muppets and performers in person is one of life's greatest things.

You have a really good goal there. May I ask, whats aspect of JHC would you like to do? Im not sure if for instance on MFS or KSY if a majority of small prop or grip or help is contracted internally or outside. But no better time than now to work towards working for JHC as a dream job, as I believe 2003 will be the Muppets and the company's heralded return.

Anyways, thanx for posting! Hmmm, this early-mid twenties age ratio on here is staggering:wink:

rurulesunc

Reaction score
<<You have a really good goal there. May I ask, whats aspect of JHC would you like to do? Im not sure if for instance on MFS or KSY if a majority of small prop or grip or help is contracted internally or outside. But no better time than now to work towards working for JHC as a dream job, as I believe 2003 will be the Muppets and the company's heralded return.>>

Well just like most other people here Im sure... I would love to
do anything as long as it is with the Muppets. I am going to go back to school in Jan. to get a TV prod. major and I am also getting more and more into puppetry. I figure if I have experience in both the better my chances.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, April! Hope you like it around here.

Luke

Reaction score
Hey April

I worked in TV Production (well, more the editorial side nowdays) and it's one of the coolest jobs around although a lot of hard work at times. Good luck with everything !

Mayhem Diva

Reaction score
Greetings to all!

I just wanted to say "hello" to all of the self-proclaimed fellow-Muppet-freaks! I'm Byron (Janice & Mokey Man)'s sister, and I finally caved in and registered after hearing how fun this site was for eons.

Any intrusive, personal questions about Byron will be most eagerly answered. :big_grin:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Greetings to all!

Originally posted by Mayhem Diva
Any intrusive, personal questions about Byron will be most eagerly answered. :big_grin:
:eek:

No they will not!

Really!

They won't!

LOL

Aside from that, welcome aboard, Sis! :big_grin: Lol

Lunatic Daring

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just signed up on the 1st of the month and am already completely addicted to this forum..when I wake up at night I contemplate getting a drink of water to have an excuse to go upstairs where the computer is! I didn't really properly introduce myself when I signed on, so I felt a quick yet proper intro was in order.

I have loved, LOVED the Muppets since practically birth, the Muppet Movie was the first film I ever saw in the theatre and when I look back at pic's of me as a kid, it would appear every clothing item I owned was Muppet related from my blue winter coat that had Cookie Monster eyes on the hood (I'd wear it now if I still had it:frown: ) to my Ernie and Oscar slippers...not to mention so much more.

My best friend and I were at Muppetfest and had NO idea how many fanatics were out there, and how we paled in knowledge by comparison, it was truly mind blowing! We were so glad to get the Muppet Central buttons which led us here, and after some procrastination due to the fact that I had never been on a newsgroup before, here I am.

I live in Toronto and am a choreographer and theatre teacher at a musical theatre academy. I have a degree in film and a diploma in musical theatre and it has occured to me in recent years that my entire career path was shaped by the Muppets. They taught me vaudeville/musical theatre songs and introduced me to people like Gene Kelly who, in conjunction with the Mupp's became my inspiration for a career that incorporated dance, fun, zaniness, theatre and penguins. Ok, I have never worked with penguins, but if I could...I sure would (as long as they could crack jokes of course..)

At any rate, I am sure we will all find out more about each other as we go along, thanks Phil and Cindy for having such a fun and friendly list! I never thought I'd join something like this, that just shows the power of the Muppets.

*LD

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Welcome all new people!

(short, and to the point. That's my motto!)