New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Mary Louise

Reaction score
It's very nice to be here. I'm pleased to say hello...

My name is Rinny, and I've been a fan of Muppet Central for a long time. I chose the user name Mary Louise because I think that little girl Muppet on the Muppet show is so cute!

I've especially enjoyed the fan fiction on Muppet Central. I love to write stories and poetry, and I wish that I could have helped write scripts for the Muppet Show! Oh, if only Jim Henson and Frank Oz and the rest were still alive...

Zena Star

Reaction score
Hi there everyone!

I'm pleased to finally join Muppet Central, after weeks of skulking around. My Muppet Obsession started when I was...around 6...or maybe younger. Sesame street was my favoruite show, (It was also the only one my parents let me watch) and i have a couple muppet themed things at my place. The oldest one being a toy big bird on a round base. The kind of thing thats impossible to make it stay lying down.

I hope to see you around! :wink:

Zena:flirt:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow we are really getting a lot of new memberes here of late! Welcome to you all, I'm Dwayne. Kick off your shoes and make yourself at home. Just please don't eat the Cole Slaw in the bathtub, I'm saving that for my New Years party!

lemonfreshviper

Reaction score
Longtime member, 1st time poster

Hi-ho! I've been a member of the forum for a long time but really haven't had any oppurtunities to visit much. I'm looking to change that now due to a new year's resolution to keep up better with the internet!

I've always loved Jim Henson's creations and some of my first memories are of watching the JH hour on NBC (I think) and watching the one VHS of Fraggle Rock that my family owned over and over and over... I remember being thrilled when I found out that Nickolodeon would be showing some of the Muppet shows that I saw so sparingly during my very first years. "Song of the Cloud forest" still sticks in my head as one of the very first things I remember as a child.

My favorite muppets are Sam, Gonzo and the Muppet Newsman. Favorite Sesame Street characters are Cookie Monster, Grover, Guy Smiley, and Sherlock Hemlock. Favorite Fraggle characters are Mokey and Traveling Matt.

Anyway, I look forward to being more social with other fans and becoming a part of the community here!

Anne

Reaction score
Hello all... I'm a newby at this internet thing and was amazed to discover so many like minded Muppet lovers. Kermit has always been my favourite Muppet and I just love to listen to him singing "Rainbow Connection" (in fact I think I've worn a groove in my Muppet Movie DVD just listening to that part). I'm an avid cross stitcher and stumbled onto Muppet Central when I tried to looking for Muppet patterns to stitch.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, this place is pretty cool. I was happy when I found it too. Welcome, everyone!

CrazyHarryFan

Reaction score
Hello!

Hello gang!

Thanks so much for allowing me to join up, you simply have no idea how excited I am to be here. I feel like a kid again! My name is Chuck, I'm from Arkansas, and this is just great! :insatiable:

One of the reasons I am joining up is because I have always loved the Muppets, and Puppets in general, but my wife and I have purchased the Muppet Show and watched it so many times with my daughter! She laughs and laughs at the Muppets. What a great joy to share what I loved when I was young with my 3 year old! We are a family of Muppet Show fanatics!

So, I have been researching for the past few weeks about making Puppets or what I call "Muppet Style Puppets" myself. Everyone I talked to, I mean literally a dozen people, all suggested this forum!

My dream is to put on Puppet shows free, for the severely poor children in our area. As a part time Youth Minister, I am quite involved in Charity work in the area. One of the things I have noticed is there is almost no free entertainment in this community for young children.

I discussed with my wife and I told her my dream to put on free puppet shows for poor children. Then I was watching a comedy movie with my wife and couldn't believe what I saw! It was called "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and that is the kind of thing I want to do for children! Well, haha, with less blood and nudity! haha Kidding, Kidding

In 1995 I was watching the Hobbit cartoon from 1977 - it was on TV. I remember thinking at the time that the Hobbit would make a superb Puppet show. A short, 30 minute production for young kids could be just so so much fun! I have literally thought about this idea for nearly 15 years!

As silly or stupid as it might sound, SEEING a puppet show in Forgetting Sarah Marshall really made me feel like putting on The Hobbit with Puppets, all for free, for impoverished children was possible. So I have started writing Warner Bros and Rankin and Bass trying to get permission to put on The Hobbit puppet shows for free.

Now, I joined Muppet Central to learn learn learn. Dont worry! I promise to read and study before I ask any questions. I know I have a lot of reading and learning to do! I'm a great learner and look forward to getting to know everyone here and learning from you all.

My hope is that I can create a "Hobbit" puppet of Bilbo Baggins, similar to the Muppet Style puppets, and start to experiment and learn how to use them. Then I can see about making a few Dwarves and such. I even know exactly how we can make Smauge the Dragon! It will just be killer! This is so exciting!

Well, thanks again for having me, I am really excited about being a member here!

Sincerely,

-----Chuck

muppetsliveon

Reaction score
I'm clay. I live in Georgia. I have been collecting Muppets since 2003. If you like I can post Everything I have.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Welcome to all the newest members! Hope to see you around here often!
:smile:

Kate