Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

PiLfan

Reaction score
"Behind Your Face" just posted!

I know a lot of you will be glad to see the "Behind Your Face" clip again, with the lost kid, the plastic house, and the weird yo-yo guy.

well, here it is......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6NsCvCn2EY

behind your face
there is a place
that's called your brains
or your mind
if you could sneak
a peak inside
ooh, what wonderful things
you'll find...

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Very cool

It has been ages since I last saw that clip, for some reason the majority of the clips I look at on youtube "stops part-way". I rarely get to see the whole thing entirely.:frown:

Ziffel

Reaction score
PiLfan said:
behind your face
there is a place
or your mind
if you could sneak
a peak inside
you'll find...
Thanks. As a child I never was able to make out all of those words he was singing.

I see the original "Everybody eats" (also the "sleeps" one) is now there. How about that person that fed the hippo so closely? I would think that'd be dangerous to put your hand so near its mouth. But I guess it's safe being that they were above the hippo and that hippos are not meat eaters. I still wouldn't want to get that close to a hippo knowing how territorial they are and how they have attacked humans!

Ziffel said:
Brand new one on youtube today that I just viewed - "Sesame Street Signs Alphabet". Great fun seeing and hearing this one again! I love the music throughout as the camera goes all over various signs and fixtures in early 70's NYCity with the voice of an unseen boy enthusiastically shouting out the letters as they come from a to z.
I see from a comment made by Gonzo Leaper that this was almost definitely 1969 (or 1970 at the very latest). He made a great observation that when the camera comes up to the letter y, you can see an expiration sticker of February 1970 on a car. :smile:

Edit: Just made a typo

mikebennidict

Reaction score
A Count of 4.

Well that computer animated skit simmiler to the 10 skit, However, it's just the voice with no face and there were kids counting along. the last part where he asks how many is this and way too many green squares showed up, I stopped the tape and counted them and counted 74 of them. Of course with them being jumbled up I'm sure I could be off.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ha ha, I had thought about pausing it and counting how many ther were too!
Now that you said you did, I just viewed it again and did the same thing. I got 69. :smile: Back in the 70's when I saw this I had wondered if it was maybe an even hundred squares they used.
It was good to see this classic sketch again. As well as other ones that continue to come in. Like the jazzy spies numbers 4 and 8. I caught the 8 one back around 1990 but this was the first time viewing the 4 one since the 70's. It brought back memories seeing the conclusion with the four planes changing into fours. And there's another real treat (one that I not only hadn't seen in 30 years biut didn't even have a thought of it since!) and that is the sketch with the hands counting to eleven (with Fran Brill's offscreen voice). And this one reminds me of the "two hands and a piece of chocolate cake" sketch that mikebennidict brought up in a thread last year, also featuring Fran Brill's offscreen comments. That'd be a nice one to see pop up on youtube one of these days.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
PiLfan said:
I know a lot of you will be glad to see the "Behind Your Face" clip again, with the lost kid, the plastic house, and the weird yo-yo guy.

well, here it is......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6NsCvCn2EY

behind your face
there is a place
or your mind
if you could sneak
a peak inside
you'll find...
I love that song!:smile:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
At the moment, no. Which is the only downside.
If you've got a Flash Video player to open them, you can always use KeepVid to download most of the Sesame Street clips. (I say "most" because a few of them have given me error messages when I tried to save them.) Good luck!

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
I have just converted some videos from Tony W's tapes that he sent me a long time ago. I wish to upload them to youtube. Now it said that I can't upload copywritten material so what's up? What can I do.

PiLfan

Reaction score
BipBippadotta said:
I have just converted some videos from Tony W's tapes that he sent me a long time ago. I wish to upload them to youtube. Now it said that I can't upload copywritten material so what's up? What can I do.
It's been a while since i've uploaded anything to youtube, but i believe it says something like that as a general warning for anything you try to upload...but I think the site only enforces it for certain prime time shows that are popular or have been popular on TV recently (like the Daily Show or Seinfeld for instance). Meaning you can upload some sesame street clips and it's not a big deal, as long as you don't go crazy with it and put hours of stuff on there.

Is it just a message you are getting, or is it actually preventing you from making the upload?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Milk Film.

I was just thinking today about it and that other 1 that some of us here saw of the 1st SS episode where the guy sings Hey Cow I See You Now which I also remember seeing a few times when I was small. While we don't know when the film with the milk truck driver delivering milk and the lady singing Milk Milk Milk was made, I have a feeling it wasn't made all that long and this other 1 I speak of. I think the film quality in both of them are simillar. It could of been made more than 5 years after the 1st one considering I'm 33 and remember seeing both of them as far back as age 2.