Limited by CAS acquires Palisades

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... It's not as much good news as you might think. Head on over to the "Palisades Is Coming Back!" thread in the Sesame Street section of the boards, and you'll find a response from Ken on what might be rully going on.
Hope this helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe... But I can't fault you for that. There was a small shred of hope amidst the skepticism I harbored when reading through the article.
And there's a post by Ken imported over to a thread titled "Production on Sesame Street" that doesn't bode too well either.

Oh well, Palisades Toys, I salute you.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Yeah I really would not hold out hope.

*EDIT - OOPS. Better change my sig!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry, I missed everything being stuck out of MC, but...pardon? Our resident Action Figure company has been going through tough times?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually Bo... Here's what we know so far.

A. Palisades Entertainment LLC. goes out of business and shuts down operations on 2/1/2006.
B. The announcement's made the following day they've been bought by Licensed by CAS LMTD. (That's the name of the new company).
C Not sure of the status of things like the Palisades Collector's Club shopping cart, or any of the lines that were started but never managed to get to retail like Sesame Street S1.
Hope this helps.

beaker

Reaction score
I'm surprised to not see any news about this on the front page of any Muppet sites or much fan discussion...but from all the figure world headlines Ive seen, the headline is not 'Palisades Aquired by so-in-so' but "Palisades Toys Closes Its Door". Which is definate an end of an era and a sad passing for everyone who felt like they had a small hand in the company. I cant recall a toy company that ever was not just so involved with the fans, but brought to plastic so many wonderful properties.

As a huge Muppet and Invader Zim fan, Palisades was a dream come true, and it's sad to see the company no more.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Muppet Central was the first place to give us SS figure faithfuls a glimmer of hope when they posted an article earlier this week. Unfortunately, due to contradictory information from the company itself, it was somewhat doubtful and even erroneous, which is why I think Phillip took the article down from the front page.
Hope this helps.

mikealan

Reaction score
This year is the year the Sesame Street action-figure license died. I believe on the back of the Super Grover box, they made a big lie, a REAL big lie!

Too bad they never produce any more SS figures and will never be released in stores!