New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

fuzzball91

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! My name is Kelly and I am obviously new to the forum here. I remember watching the Muppets as I was a kid and it wasn't until this year, sometime around the winter, that I gained a full obsession with them. Everything about Jim Henson and his Muppets is absolutely fantastic.

So I am definately looking forward to chatting with other fellow Muppet fanatics.

Fozzie Bear is my favorite, by the way. I love him with all my heart.

ilydino

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm Jessica, a new member that loves Animal ^^
I don't like him because everyone does, I like him because he practically describes me xD

TedK817

Reaction score
Well, I'm not as old as Statler or Waldorf, but I've been a fan of the Muppets since they first appeared on TV in the late 50's, when I WAS very young! (I remember watching Rowlf play his piano on the old daytime "Jimmy Dean Show" in the 60's!)

I'm a Kermit guy, and I write and compose musical theater.

If permitted, I'll post two Christmas songs that I wrote for Kermit through the years.

VERY happy to be here! :smile:

--Ted

SarahDave

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Sarah, you can call me that or Dave, or SarahDave, I respond to all. I'm kind of a casual Muppet fan (something I am slowly working on), and my sister used to come here all the time and it seemed like a fun place, so I decided to join the other day. I hope to make some friends and learn more about... well, life I guess. I'm not so good with words.

AbbyJane93

Reaction score
I'm Abby.
I've been a fan of the muppets since I was a kid watching Bear in the Big Blue House, but I only recently became this crazy little fan of puppetry since my obsession with Avenue Q started in June or July of 2009. I think it was July, though. Anyway, it's been a while.
I can't wait to see what else is on this site. Hope to meet some fellow muppet fans, too.

Lady Clara

Reaction score
Good morning,
I was looking for some music as my son is singing next week and we thought of trying "Halfway down the stairs" when I came across you. I started reliving my chilhood, watching Kermit and Miss Piggy was my weekend delight. I loved Pigs in space. My Dad always said that Miss Piggy was based on Hot Lips Houlihan in MASH, though I'm not sure wether to believe him or not. (I do kind of hope it's true though).
Now that I've found you may we never be appart.
Love to you all, and take care. xx :smile:

Hamfan

Reaction score
It's so great to see all the longstanding fans of Miss Piggy and the Muppets. They, and I (ha), have been around for some time.....People speculate as to where her character comes from....I say that she pulls from many faces in the media-Mae West, Veronica Lake, Hotlips Houlihan (MASH), Marilyn Monroe(of course)....and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we see some Lady Gaga showing through at some point......

Cheers! :flirt:

Sesame Seeds

Reaction score
Hi :halo:

I just stumbled upon this forum and I'm excited about it! Your posts are so entertaining!

I'm 29 years old and a fan of vintage sesame street, muppets and fraggle rock. I didn't even know there were so many Jim Henson movies! :excited: I am so behind and I have a LOT of catching up to do. There's so much I have not discovered in the Muppet World. Can't wait to start! I feel like I'm in Muppet School! :wisdom:

Listior

Reaction score
Hello there,

I just was snooping round the internet, looking for any new announcements concerning the release of season 4 and I crashed here. Sad seeing there still aren't any news about this. Well, we all thrive on hope sometimes, don't we?

I'm just glad about seasons one to three being available. There still is no release on German, though. Of course every single one of you will state that the original version remains best 'till the end of time but the german release was quite congenial in it's time and I was looking forward to enjoy it again. What a pity.

It has been announced for a while; actually my ex-girlfriend planned to gift me with season one's german version for my 28th birthday. She left me in 2006. Now I'm thirty-three (gifted with the most wonderful girl in the World though; praise be to Yevon!) and there still is no sign of a german release. I bought the US-Versions of seasons one to three of course but now the wait for season four transforms into a similar one of eternal endurance. It's just sad.

Well, to come to an end with this rant:
I loved the Muppet show since I was little and on to this day I think it was, is and always will be the most terrific Sitcom there is and I just want to have it back. In complete.