1/2 Dome Eyes suppliers?

Iokitek

Reaction score
Ok, this may sound silly, but how do I paint the pupils exactly in the same spot? I notice this isn't the case on certain puppets sometimes, And it looks to me as if they have googly eyes then.

The vacuuforming sounds exactly what I'm looking for so I can make other types of eyes aswell. But at the moment I'm still relying on spoons and transparent half spheres and such.

Coco Ladybug

Reaction score
I know a place where you can buy the eyes

Hey I had been looking for eyes too.. well puppet making kits in general and I got an Arms Length Productions puppets kit and actually called them about where I could get the eyes. They sell them for $2.50 a pair since they buy them bulk from a supplier. Hope this helps you out!

it's @armslength.com

mrhogg

Reaction score
Are there any dome eye suppliers in Canada? Specifically in Southern Ontario? I'm using ping pong balls right now, but I'd be interested to check out more professional examples, and I'd love to be able to actually look at them in person before purchasing.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
i think u need to read thru the entire thread, u cant generally find a store that will sell puppet eyes, the ones most availible are made for dolls, and are limited buy size if u want a specific thing u will have to look for something the right size and customize it your self.

mrhogg

Reaction score
I did read it, I was just hopeful someone was holding back the name of a store I could look through in person. :smile:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
nope thier are no magic puppet supply stores, u will need to use the magic of the internet, shop around your local craft stores, and use the old imagination,

this time of year is great for finding odd egg shapes, and other odds and ends that can be used for eyes

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hogg, your best bet for finding plastic spheres in Southern Ontario is probably Lewiscraft or similar big box fabric/craft stores. I also hit up Toys R Us and other toy stores regularly. A place to try might be Capital Findings & Leather on Tycos Drive in Toronto. I can't remember if they sell plastic spheres or not, but they have all kinds of goodies you can use for puppet building. The various stores fabric stores on Queen West in T.O. are a must-visit too.

Blink

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Hogg, your best bet for finding plastic spheres in Southern Ontario is probably Lewiscraft or similar big box fabric/craft stores. I also hit up Toys R Us and other toy stores regularly. A place to try might be Capital Findings & Leather on Tycos Drive in Toronto. I can't remember if they sell plastic spheres or not, but they have all kinds of goodies you can use for puppet building. The various stores fabric stores on Queen West in T.O. are a must-visit too.
Just a note. Capital findings has no plastic eyes at all. They are a leather craft store. You can find contact cement, leather and gasket rubber there, but no plastic eyes.

There is a place that I have ordered from in London, Ontario. It is called Chatsco Distribution. Nice people and some good plastic eye options. They do not have an actual store, so you must buy online. However you can avoid those nasty border taxes.:wink:

Another idea is to check out Hamilton's fabric district. They also have a really nice selection of fabrics and they may be a better option if you don't want o go all the way into Toronto. You can also find plastic eyes in the odd fabric or craft store there as well.

Happy hunting.

Side question to Buck: "Where did you get those oval eyes for your Start Wars puppets? If a friend or something gave them to you, where did they get them?" Thanks in advance.