The RHLC!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I just checked out Wikipedia; the song was also in 'Rocky Mountain Holiday.' But it didn't list any songwriter credits or anything...but John Denver might have had his name on it or something. I don't know.

I really like that story of how Richard presented his first Emmy statue to his grandmother! It's so sweetly tongue-in-cheek. And you're right; an Emmy makes quite a nice (and rare) mantel decoration.

beakersbreakers

Reaction score
Yes I called him Uncle Richard as a kid and as I got older I dropped the uncle, unless I was talking about him!

Thanks for the tip on the song!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
It's also on the A Cristmas Together soundtrack, but that might be a little hard to come by. Not impossible though, as I just got a copy last Christmas.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That is a good story! Oh yeah, I hadn't really thought about the Emmys they'd won for the Muppet show before!

Update, the song "It's in Every One of Us" was written by David Pomeranz. Don't know if that helps, but it's something.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
beakersbreakers said:
Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the song 'Its in Every One of Us'??? :sing:
It was sung by John and the muppets on the John Denver Muppet Christmas Special, and it's on that album. (I know if was on the television special because--ta da--I taped the special onto my cassette recorder! We're talking before the days of VCRS, folks. I found it in my sewing room the other day along with some onther old cassette and boy, did it bring back memories. I'm also pretty sure that this song appeared on one of John's Christmas albums. Hope this helps!

Ever, Ru

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Bit late... Thought I'd help.
The song "It's In Every One Of Us" can be dound in the following:
Muppet Family Christmas, or MFC as we tend to say, though only a snipet during the big caroll sing at the end.
John Denver and the Muppets: A Rocky Mountain Holiday or A Christmas Together, not exactly sure right now.
It was also seen in the Muppets celebration of Jim Henson TV special, though as a clip from the televized version of the special with John Denver.
If you're looking for an audio of the song... Head to the On The Web section here at the forums. Search out a thread titled "~Muppet Musique", there you can follow the links to either John Denver/Muppets special and find the song. Dunno if it'd allow you to download it though.

Spent a day this past summer listening to those songs... Rully got me at times, the sheer beauty of the songs themselves.
Hope this helps.

Skye

Reaction score
Aw, no such luck. That song isn't available for downloading on that site for either John Denver special... it was a very good idea, though! I wish I could help, but I only know about the couple John Denver-related albums that the song is on. Ru might be right that the song appeared on another one of John's other albums, but I'm not sure which one.

Amanda, I wanted to thank you for the cute Richard story about presenting his Emmy statue to his grandmother! That's great, and I can imagine that it's great to have around. And I also wanted to thank you for telling us that they played It's In Every One Of Us at Richard's celebration... I don't think I had known that before. It is a wonderful and beautiful song, and I'm glad to know it was played at his celebration, also.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
You have most certainly been busy today, haven't you.

Aw, Amanda showed up and I missed it. Darn it. Well to answer her question, I did see Trading Places. Just the end, cause it's R, and I didn't want to see Dan Aykroyd in an R-movie, 'esides the Blues Brothers. But I saw him.

He's not only a brilliant puppeteer, he's a really, rully good actor too. I was believing him and everything, being evil and stuff. Of course, he was evil, but not in that way.

Awesome story. Let us know if you have more, we'd be happy to hear them. ^_^

And to what everyone else said, I'm going to go read it now.

beakersbreakers

Reaction score
Just imagine all the puppeteers with their muppets sing that song to a standing room only church full of people....with Richard's ashes & Scooter on a table in the center of it all! I still get chills........ I cry every time I hear the song! :cry: Another amazing moment that day was Ladysmith Black Mambazo singing Amazing Grace.....enough said!!
It was a beautiful day and a beautiful memory!!

Thanks for all help finding the song, I think I found it now!!