The RHLC!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Aw, that must have been so sad, beakersbreakers. I break at the slightest of memories at memorial services, I would pro'ly have been bawling on the floor. But it sounds very chilling, yet very wonderful. Thanks for sharing that. And I'm happy you found the song. (-:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Scooter sitting on a table with the box of Richard's ashes...now there's poignant for you. Not to mention kind of haunting.

Sometimes I think about the music selection for Muppeteers' funerals. If they had played 'Saying Goodbye,' either at the memorial or at the tribute the company held for Richard one month before he died, that would have had everyone bawling.

Glad to hear we helped out on the song issue!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
beakersbreakers said:
Just imagine all the puppeteers with their muppets sing that song to a standing room only church full of people....with Richard's ashes & Scooter on a table in the center of it all! I still get chills........ I cry every time I hear the song! :cry: Another amazing moment that day was Ladysmith Black Mambazo singing Amazing Grace.....enough said!!
It was a beautiful day and a beautiful memory!!
Oh man, you're making me cry now! Thanks for sharing that with us though. And glad you found the song, I've always liked it too.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm getting teery eyed right now, thank you for sharing your memories with us Amanda.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Scooter beside Richard's ashes...the songs...the tributes....wow. He was simply too young, I still believe. Him and Jim, were way too young. *Hugs Amanda tightly* As fans (or fanatics if you wish) I'm going to let you know the club, and it's members are always here for you, Amanda.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
It's not on Muppet Musique, so I don't know how you found it, but I'm glad you did, if you did.

I believe they sang the song at Jim's memorial service as well. Wonderful harmony. Of course, I would always skip past it cause it was so sad, and only catch the last few words before Wemblin Fool would start.

The song is on iTunes, if people are interested in it. David Ippolito has the better version, in my opinion, but whatever you choose. :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Wow... that is amazing, haunting, and heart-breaking. Thank you for sharing that with us, Amanda. And you're right, Sara... both Richard and Jim were much too young.

Glad to hear that you think you found the song, Amanda!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Ooh, Amanda, just thought of another question. How was Richard around the younger kids of your family? Just out of curiosity, cause he seemed to be really nice and friendly around the set with other kids. Just, if you have time to answer it, it's not a time-sensitive question or anything. :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
Scooter beside Richard's ashes...the songs...the tributes....wow. He was simply too young, I still believe. Him and Jim, were way too young. *Hugs Amanda tightly* As fans (or fanatics if you wish) I'm going to let you know the club, and it's members are always here for you, Amanda.
Indeed. 40 years old is way too young to die.

But...it's only Richard's body that's died. Richard himself is in heaven, and here with us at the same time.

It makes me think of my great-uncle's funeral earlier this month, and the priest told us about how a funeral should always be a celebration, since the deceased has passed on into a new life.
That's how I like to view funerals; I've never liked lots of sobbing and mourning.

And for the record, Amanda, my uncle was also named Richard. :wink:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Muppet Newsgirl said:
It makes me think of my great-uncle's funeral earlier this month, and the priest told us about how a funeral should always be a celebration, since the deceased has passed on into a new life.

And for the record, Amanda, my uncle was also named Richard. :wink:
Like Jim's :smile:. His funeral was quite entertaining. Extraordinarily sad, but extremely interesting to watch all those performances. He obviously knew what he was doing.

Mine too. He's got a thing with fire, though, and ran out in the middle of a lightning storm to keep the tiny camp fire going. He did it, it was still going when we left. :smile: