The RHLC!

Skye

Reaction score
Amanda, that is such a sweet story about Richard's celebration. I love it, thank you for sharing it. And I just have to say that I think it's so sweet that this club means so much to you and your family. And I'm so glad to hear it. Your uncle most certainly means so much to us, too.

Aw, Ilikemuppets, that's so sweet of you. But Skye or Sky... either spelling is cool with me... it doesn't rully matter either way. It's all good. :big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
OK, thank you for keping me corrected Skye, and I'll be sweet to you anytime. Good thing your not as picky as I am, though.

beakersbreakers

Reaction score
Before Richard died he threw himself a 40th birthday party (I think it was also a goodbye bash, but I didn't know that at the time!) And at every Hunt party there was always a show....... sing, dancing, performing of all sorts. It is one of the things I love and hate most about my family! Everything is a spectical ..... I'm more of a background person and it is usually easy to be that way in a family where everyone else loves attention! But for this I actually got up and sang with Richard, Jane, Rachel, Kate, Lyn and Adam. He had us all sing 'Lonesome Road' by James Taylor boy am I glad that I let my guard down and went with it for the night! Its a pretty poignant song and Richard's lines were......If I had stopped to listen once or twice/if I had closed my mouth and opened my eyes/If I had cooled my head and warmed my heart.... I never really got to or felt comfortable talking to Richard as I got older and those words really hit a nerve with me!! I remember getting a call from my mom and she told me that I should call Richard even if it is was just to say HI because he was not doing so well...... so I finally got up the courage to call and when he answered he told me he couldn't talk (literally, becaue of how he was feeling) so at least I got up the nerve to tell him I loved him... that was the last time I talked to him before he died! I begged my family to let me go see him and they kept telling me that I should remember him the way he was not sick... finally they let me book a flight and he died the night before I was leaving on aplane to go see him..............:confused:

I'm sorry that I have been telling these sad stories, writing in this forum have brought up alot of emotions for me, mostly sad rigt now, but I feel like I need to share!:cry:

Thank you for all your concern and for letting me share. I guess I should have known it wasn't going to be all happy........now maybe I can move on!?:embarrassed:

Skye

Reaction score
Aw, Amanda, sweetie. I'm so sorry to hear that, but at least you did get to tell him that you loved him before he passed away. And I do think it's wonderful that you got to sing that James Taylor song with all of them. Though sad, I (and I'm sure we all here) do love hearing all the stories you have to tell. Anything at all that you feel you want or need to share, either sad or happy, we are here to listen... or, read.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's good to let out your emotions Amanda. Thank you for sharing somthing that is so personal with all of us. It's good that you got to tell that you loved him. I hope that you can ove on and remember the way he was when he was not sick and the happy times that you had with you're Uncle.

Kiki

Reaction score
Hey y'all!
um, is it a bit late to join the RHLC? It's just that... y'know... i'm a bit (yeah, just a bit :rolleyes: ) of a Richard Hunt fan and all and i'm kinda new to the forum. :wink: (see avatar)
OMG OMG OMG, i cannot believe Richard's neice is on the MC central forum, on this vey thread!
Richard's neice.
On the MC forum.
This very thread.
Richard's neice.
This very thread.
Far out! :excited:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Of course you may join, if I may speak for the others.

Three whole pages last night. Wow. Wonderful stories, Amanda, by the way. That last one is so extraordinarily sad, but they're all awesome. Thank you so much. Lonesome Road, they played that at Belushi's funeral. Now I'm rully gonna have to get it.

Oh, and thanks for answering my question. Triple digits! You think we'll ever make it to 1000?

EDIT: I forgot. This is Wilson's big scene, as described by Emmy or Jackie, I don't know which-

So then we're on the floor of the stock trading place. Wilson looks confidently at the clock. Then other stuff happens. And then Wilson gets out a pen. Then more stuff happens. Then a bell rings and Wilson yells something. And now everybody is yelling. Then Wilson yells and does something with his hands. It probably means "buy". Then others are yelling, and Wilson is still yelling. More yelling and more arm movements from Wilson. Finally Louis makes his move and yells something. Now there's even more yelling from the crowd! Wilson tries to get his way through this crowd. There's more yelling and then the Dukes realize that something is up, and they go try to find Wilson. While everyone is still yelling, Wilson is still trying to make it through that crowd. Eventually, while people are still yelling, Wilson makes it to where Louis and Billy Ray are. Then it gets quite when some guy comes on the tv to make an announcement about the crop report. When he's done talking about the orange crop, there's more yelling. It appears that Wilson is trying to sell. And things just go down hill from there. In between shots of the crowd yelling, Wilson becomes more frustrated, yelling "Sell!" He becomes the human pin ball and is bounced around a bit, and he collapses. After more shots of the yelling crowd, somebody carries Wilson out of the crowd. One of the Dukes says, "Wilson! Where are you going?" Then the other grabs Wilson's face and yells, "You idiot! Get back in there and sell, sell, sell!" Then Wilson is carried off sputtering, never to be heard from again...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry bout that Skye.
Nope, not too late to join here Kiki, though Sara's the one who runs this RHLC thing... *Laughs, you might want to talk to her.
And that invitation for the dorms stands open to any of the RHLC's charter members.

Amanda... That's a very deep story, and... *Sigh, at least you got to tell him good-bye.
More than some of us get to do. Sorry, but it's just hitting a bit close to home now that we're getting more details and insight to how Richard passed away.

*Deep sigh.

OK, weepy moment over. Talk to you guys and gals later.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
...wow.
Laughing, then crying, then laughing again! Kinda tossed about with these emotions here. It was so wonderful that you got to tell him that you loved him, but then so sad that he died before you got to see him one last time. :cry:
New members? SURE! Come and join up, we've got p-nut butter and garlic popcorn, orange juice, chocolate covered doughnuts, and orange serbet for everyone! Also...it's party time!!! 101 pages! YEAH!!!!!
This post's emotions brought to you by the mental illnesses Bi-Polar and ADHD!!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Oh, Amanda...that is a really sad story.

But I think he knew all along that you loved him, even if later on you were a little timid about talking with him. I think he understood.