The RHLC!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Leaves pumpkin cookies for Sara, wonder if she knows her pet Tofu named Scooter has gotten some FB Halloween goodies from my darkling Fatatatita. :batty: :wink: :boo:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
No other very significant Richard photos in the book, but there are a few quotes I haven't seen before, and an anecdote about when Elmo got thrown at Kevin with more invective than usual.
I just placed an order for the book last night, so it should be arriving within the next few days or so. I'll keep my eyes open for any notable quotes or photos.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
The book came in the mail today, appropriately enough. I've read through it a few times already; it's pretty cool.

Marianne's right; most of the stuff of interest to the RHLC is on Richard's main page, but on pages 90 and 91, there are a few tiny photos with Richard in them. One's a group of shots of the Muppet performers behind the scenes, mugging for the camera. (And Marty Robinson's got a set of Muppet eyes over his eyes.) The other group is of Jim, Jerry and Richard doing a sketch with Guy Smiley and a pair of Anything Muppets, probably sometime in the late 1980s. Cool photos - and Richard's got glasses on in them.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Those pictures are great, too.

The 40th Anniversary DVD came yesterday for me, and I guess these are spoilers if you want to see for yourself.

It's a wonderful collection so I recommend buying it, and on the first disc they have a great special feature of Richard and Jerry performing the two-headed monster. Basically Jerry shows up late after driving from Jersey, then they film a little:

Jon: Do you guys know how you're gonna get out of this one?
Richard: No, no. We forgot that part.
Jon: It's a fade.
Richard: A fade! Well those are good.

Here's a screencap. Might make more later.

http://i37.tinypic.com/11izmzo.jpg

Nekoshema

Reaction score
The 40th Anniversary DVD came yesterday for me, and I guess these are spoilers if you want to see for yourself.
this a sesame street dvd? i'd like to pick it up, but is it the season, or an anniversary dvd? :concern:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Nekoshema. The SST DVD is billed as celebrating all forty seasons, titled 40 Years of Sunny Days. Basically, it contains clips/sketches/moments highlighting each season year by year on two discs, Seasons 1-20 on Disc 1 and Seasons 21-40 on Disc 2. You can find the thread about this in the Sesame Merchandise section.

Hope this helps. :batty

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Those pictures are great, too.

It's a wonderful collection so I recommend buying it, and on the first disc they have a great special feature of Richard and Jerry performing the two-headed monster. Basically Jerry shows up late after driving from Jersey, then they film a little:

Jon: Do you guys know how you're gonna get out of this one?
Richard: No, no. We forgot that part.
Jon: It's a fade.
Richard: A fade! Well those are good.

Here's a screencap. Might make more later.

http://i37.tinypic.com/11izmzo.jpg
Cool shot; I'll have to try to see that eventually. I have the book, just not the DVD set.

And for once, it was someone other than Richard who showed up late. :wink:

Oh, and Marianne, I had a chance to look at the essay you sent me - check your PM box in the next little bit.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Cool shot; I'll have to try to see that eventually. I have the book, just not the DVD set.

And for once, it was someone other than Richard who showed up late. :wink:

Oh, and Marianne, I had a chance to look at the essay you sent me - check your PM box in the next little bit.
Yeah! Though all we know for sure is that Jerry showed up latER.

Thank you! I will check. Also, I love your signature. I'm reading the entire five-part trilogy now and watching the BBC series...I'm very bored this year. :wink: