The RHLC!

Skye

Reaction score
I really hope that doesn't happen in Louisiana. If Britt and I can't "meep," we might go insane...or more insane than we already are. :wink: Also, would that mean my mom won't be able to show Muppet Labs clips in science class? :eek:
Lol, your mom sounds really cool to play Muppet Labs clips. I'm jealous! I always liked Science, but if I had a teacher playing those clips in class, it would've made it a million times better!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I wouldn't think that would happen in any of the districts around here - the admins are probably too busy worrying about state aid and tests and accountability and all that stuff.

Have you guys seen the Muppets' "Bohemian Rhapsody" video that's making the rounds on the Net? It's an absolute riot. And of course, Kermit and Scooter get the last word: "Scooter, remind me to stop scheduling these video conferences."

Nekoshema

Reaction score
I wouldn't think that would happen in any of the districts around here - the admins are probably too busy worrying about state aid and tests and accountability and all that stuff.

Have you guys seen the Muppets' "Bohemian Rhapsody" video that's making the rounds on the Net? It's an absolute riot. And of course, Kermit and Scooter get the last word: "Scooter, remind me to stop scheduling these video conferences."
lol, yea, i posted a link to it a while back, it's awesome, i was laughing all day, and when i saw Scooter, i was so happy they put him it! :flirt::big_grin::wink:

it's a shame they don't use him much these days, i know, they can't find anyone to do his voice, and people would complain about that fact [i should know] but after all these years, i want to see him again, as long as it sounds sort of like him, i won't complain as long as he's back. Scooter is Richard [well, a part of him], letting Scooter go away is just wrong, Beaker can't keep Richard alive on his own... oh, and if it come's down to it, i'll voice Janice, she need to talk more.

sorry bout the little rant like thingie, i'll stop now.

but yea, that video's really funny, i'm sure Jim and Richard are happy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Scooter's making sort of a comeback now that David Ruddman has taken over the character. He started with the second Studio DC special, then LTS, and now Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody. Seems fitting as Richard was responsible for bringing David in from Chicago into the Muppeteer ranks.

Nick22

Reaction score
who played janice is bohemian rhapsody? did ruddman do her too?

Nekoshema

Reaction score
Actually... Scooter's making sort of a comeback now that David Ruddman has taken over the character.
oh yea, i know he's slowly coming back, but for many years you know, he was gone. i'm really glad he's coming back, as well as David Ruddman playing him, Scooter's not the same as when it was Richard, but we'll never get that back and David's doing a pretty good job, so i'm happy :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah - I commented a while back that it was appropriate that David has taken on the role of Scooter, seeing as Richard and David were best friends, performing partners and hiking buddies.

On a more somber note, today is World AIDS Day. Here's to you, Richard, you and everyone else who battled the disease, and to everyone who's living with it now.

APRena

Reaction score
On a more somber note, today is World AIDS Day. Here's to you, Richard, you and everyone else who battled the disease, and to everyone who's living with it now.
Richard really shows us that any disease doesn't define the person. While watching his closing remarks at Jim's memorial, I can't help but thinking that he must have been facing his own mortality so much at that moment, yet his voice is so soothing and acceptant and poignant and as wonderful as it ever was.

Love and peace and everything in this world and the next there is to give; to Richard and Jim. :smile::wink:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
so true APRena. :wink:

yesterday, i watched Richards closing words, and they get to me every time.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Richard really shows us that any disease doesn't define the person. While watching his closing remarks at Jim's memorial, I can't help but thinking that he must have been facing his own mortality so much at that moment, yet his voice is so soothing and acceptant and poignant and as wonderful as it ever was.

Love and peace and everything in this world and the next there is to give; to Richard and Jim. :smile::wink:
Very true - he knew he was ill by that time, and he'd told the others about it, but when he's up at the podium, for the most part he's really serene and composed. And to listen to his voice...he really sounds like someone you'd want to sit down with, and have a cup of coffee and a heart-to-heart with.

It seems as if a few viewers outside the forum here agree - one YouTube member said something to the effect of "This guy was the best man for the job." Another said that Richard reminded him/her of a young pastor who offered some much needed support after a death in the viewer's family, I believe.