The RHLC!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure a lot of you guys have heard by now that one high school in Massachusetts has banned Beaker-speak from its hallways.

It looks like the kids planned to go off in a chorus of meeping in the halls one day, and the parents and administrators freaked out. "Too disruptive," they said. So now anyone who dares say "meep" runs the risk of getting suspended.

Something tells me that if Richard were alive, he'd want to give the BOE there a piece of his mind (along with a few rounds of "Your face.").

(Come to think of it, maybe the kids can use "Your face" as a catchphrase until the meeping ban is lifted?)

Nekoshema

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure a lot of you guys have heard by now that one high school in Massachusetts has banned Beaker-speak from its hallways.

It looks like the kids planned to go off in a chorus of meeping in the halls one day, and the parents and administrators freaked out. "Too disruptive," they said. So now anyone who dares say "meep" runs the risk of getting suspended.

Something tells me that if Richard were alive, he'd want to give the BOE there a piece of his mind (along with a few rounds of "Your face.").

(Come to think of it, maybe the kids can use "Your face" as a catchphrase until the meeping ban is lifted?)
:embarrassed: that's so unbelievable! now we're banning meeping in schools? what's next? no mock sweedish?

lol, yea, he'd totally do that. [give them a piece of his mind along with 'your face!' i like that line, i use to say it a lot as a kid... why did i stop?] :wink:

APRena

Reaction score

I've heard. I sad. Meep shall not die! Even if I couldn't say it, I still have a Beaker pin that says Meep on it, so take THAT, authority!

I still use "Your face/mom/mom's face" when I can't think of anything else to say...:eek::wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, mention your screen name in the school and you'd be out the door in a heartbeat.

Poor Beaker - will you ever win?

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Kind of quiet around here - it being late Wednesday night by my time, I'll pop in and wish everyone in the RHLC a happy Thanksgiving.

Skye

Reaction score
They can't "meep"? Come on now, that's ridiculous. I feel a big ol' "Your face" coming on, too! I do love that those kids wanted to bring Beaker-speak into their vocabularies, though. :big_grin:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating! And a very happy day to those not celebrating! :smile:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
They can't "meep"? Come on now, that's ridiculous. I feel a big ol' "Your face" coming on, too! I do love that those kids wanted to bring Beaker-speak into their vocabularies, though. :big_grin:
I really hope that doesn't happen in Louisiana. If Britt and I can't "meep," we might go insane...or more insane than we already are. :wink: Also, would that mean my mom won't be able to show Muppet Labs clips in science class? :eek: