The RHLC!

analeisa

Reaction score
Hello fello Richard fans! :smile: I haven't been on the RHLC in a while. I've been busy with other things (e.g. obligatory plug: the Richard Hunt is still being updated a lot on the tumblr) and kept forgetting to visit you guys.

Drop-ins aside, I'm glad you got to go to The Muppet Vault, Muppet NewsGirl! I'm jealous though. :stick_out_tongue: It sounded like such a fun event. From the Tough Pigs report, it looks like everyone had a great time.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
That's cool, analeisa, we've all been kind of busy lately - and the tumblr looks absolutely fab. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, Muppet Vault was cool - "Bohemian Rhapsody" had the whole house crowing with laughter, and there were lots of good, Muppety vibes going down. I hope they do something like that again next year.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Hey guys! Feels like a while since I last posted here! Wish I could've gone to the Muppet Vault event but alas, living all the way in England tends to be a bit of an obstacle.

For some reason, I had it in my mind that today would've been Richard's birthday, Thank goodness, I just looked it up on Muppet Wiki just before making an idiot of myself! :embarrassed:

This week has been a good week for me involving muppet fandom related to Richard and Scooter really. Recently, I posted a question at the 'Ask Jim Lewis' thread and I thought I'd try my luck and ask about the reason for Scooter's disappearance during most of the 90's (MCC, MTI and MT) and several recasts when he returned. I know there's been some speculation here about that which all makes sense really but I thought I'd try and get "confirmation" in a way. I got a reply this week! :excited: It was wonderful to get answered, and I got some great insight into Scooter's character and how difficult it can be for the writers to get his character "just right".

In other Scooter related news (gosh, I'm a big Scooter freak I guess), the Scooter facebook group was a year old yesterday (well, sorta... I can't remember the exact date I started the group but the first pic was posted on the 6th August 2009, so I'm going by that really!). It's nice to see how well it's gone with the group over the past year, it's certainly gotten better than I could've imagined.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
aww, Englands not that far, just get in a boat and row over :wink:

that's cool to hear the reason why Scooter was absent for so long [doesn''t change the fact i was upset every night after TMT because he wasn't there... why am i such a huge fan of his anyway? i don't remember watching any movies with him, but i've adored Scooter for as long as i can remember... muppet babies?... wait... i think my aunt showed me a muppet movie once as a child with him... can't remember... oh well, still love him :flirt:]

well, i've been thinking about his birthday a lot lately [mostly how it's close to mine; 23, and how cool it would have been if both my idols were born on my birthday. i share mine with the other one.] well, recently i was talking to a friend of mine trying to set a date for a duel birthday since our's are close, [but i'm like forgetful jones a lot of the time] and couldn't remember her exact date, turns out, her's is the 15, i freaked. [i know it's not the same day, but it's way closer than i am] since it's so close i asked if we could throw him into our party as well, like put his name on the cake. she said no, but i'm making the cake :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hello, fellow Richard fans - I've been a little AWOL for the last few days, since I've been on vacation in Canada (Toronto, Niagara Falls, and S. Ontario in general). Plane got in a few hours ago - I'm tired, but it was an awesome trip. I'm not sure where you are, Nekoshema, but I made sure to wave. :smile:

That's kind of reassuring - it shows that Scooter is such a well-loved character that the writers are trying to take special care with him, and to respect Richard's memory.

And that's right, Richard does have a birthday coming up very soon. We must all toast him with orange juice, have a 21-penguin salute - oh, and a few rounds of "Your face!" :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Looks back on memories from when my own family went to Canada... About two decades ago, more or less. There are some things from that trip I happily remember, Casa Loma, Niagra Falls with the rainbows and surrounding mist, Scarborough Bluffs, clean streets going to a Baskin-Robbins, the Toronto Science Museum, the bet to see who could eat some hot peppers at one of the Tai restaurants... Good times. Glad you had that kind of awesomeness trip as well Erin.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
lol, glad you guys had a fun time here. [i go to Casa Loma and the Science Center a lot] yea, i live an hour north of Toronto in the country at the moment. [i only lived in a city for a few years of my life, Scarborough actually] i've only been to Niagara falls a few times in fact, been meaning to head down their again, few things i never saw the last time i went. lol, i remember the first time i went down, my friend patrick started walking up to people and miming, he got around 40$ so we all got new york fries and were almost late for the bus, and at the last second another friend of ours tripped and dropped his food, good times.

lol, we should toast him with orange juice on his birthday :wink: i suppose i'll spend the day watching my favourite muppet show episodes, maybe some old two-headded monster clips, and the muppet podcast for him to top it all off. oh, wait, i'll probably end the day with fraggle rock 'Gone But Not Forgotten' and 'The Gorge Who Would Be King'

analeisa

Reaction score
I got a reply this week! :excited: It was wonderful to get answered, and I got some great insight into Scooter's character and how difficult it can be for the writers to get his character "just right".
I saw that your question got answer and totally geeked out. Haha. Before I thought Scooter was absent just to honor Richard. That's certainly part of it but it's interesting to hear that they had to work on getting Scooter's character just right. I tried to role play Scooter once but I couldn't get his voice down. Jim's right: he tries to help others but he makes to see what's in it for him. I'm glad that the writers realize how he can be a complex character.

Anyway, Richard's birthday is really soon. He would have been 59. :frown: I'm going to be out of town that day so I can't pull out the DVDs/Youtube and watch some of his greater performances. That's what I do on the other Muppeteers' birthdays. But he'll be in my thoughts, of course.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yes, definitely break out the orange juice - and a couple of chocolate-covered donuts if you can find some. I'm thinking of kicking back with a few episodes of TMS or FR tomorrow night, in honor of the day.

And the other thing with recasting Scooter and wanting to get it just right - if the writers got it all wrong with Scooter, I think Richard would personally do something about it. :wink: