The RHLC!

Nekoshema

Reaction score
lol, yea, i've got some running around to do today. i got a new job in a restaurant that just opened up, i've worked since sunday and my mom swears i've put in 70 hours, i only now got a day off. i hate heat, and we've got a heat wave in my area [around 45 with the humidex, i'm moving to the artic i swear] and i've only got a portable AC that cools down one [if lucky two] rooms. and that's downstairs [my computers upstairs in a sauna room]

i think i've reverted to the safety of childhood recently, i've never really asked for adult things for my birthday, [or much in general lol] but my list now has a Mokey and Boober plushie on their [lol, four items, and three of them have something to do with muppets]

although i don't think anyone else here is from Cananda, [july first] happy Canada day :wink: and i hope you guys had a fun and safe fourth of July

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Oh, yes, that's right - and a happy belated Canada Day to you as well.

The heat's really bad here, too. Anything above 80 degrees F. and I start to wilt - and they're calling for the heat to hit triple digits today. And don't get me started on the humidity.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
oh man, that's terrible, i hope you have ac where you are. not even my local library's got that. [so i guess i'll hang out at the beer store lol :wink:]

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
That's the spirit! (so to speak)

It's cooled off here since then - a little overcast and humid today, though. But during the really hot days, I think of how the Muppet crew had the right idea, going after each other with water pistols and garden hoses on the FR set. :smile:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
lol, my mommy took away my water guns cuz i kept spraying unsuspecting people :sympathy: [it's cooled down here as well]

oh, fletchy knows this story, but i haven't told you guys [i don't think] well, about a week ago when i had running around to do and i decided to finally break down and buy that copy of Of Muppets and Men my used book store could order in for me for around 135$. i got there, and walked up to the cash [i'm one of the regulars so i knew the guy] i told him 'i've broken down, i'd like Of Muppets and men by Christopher Finch' he stared at me for a minute and said 'Isn't that it on the shelf?' behind him in the rare new arrivals section [means it's on the top shelf of the new arrivals] was the book. he got it for me, flipped through it and said 'I don't see a price, it says it sells for 27$ so... 13$' greatest purchase of my life! :flirt:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
LOL, after art camp today, one of my friends and I went swimming, and she and I would just keep squirting each other with the water guns while talking like pirates. It was awesome! :crazy: Although I've pretty much spent most of the summer at home and/or indoors, and when I was outside, it was mostly just driving somewhere and/or out of state, so I never really experienced that much of the Louisiana summer heat. :smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Ah, swimming - haven't had much time for that lately. On the way in to work this morning, I passed a few sparkling blue swimming pools, and I wished that I could go do a few cannonballs instead of sitting at a computer and making phone calls.

Oh well, I need my day job to pay for a new swimsuit and a giant bottle of sunblock and all that stuff. :smile:

There's a Muppet event going on in NYC this weekend - it's the Muppet Vault, and it looks like it's going to be a few glorious hours of Muppet sing-alongs and jokes, moderated by the guys at Tough Pigs and the MuppetCast. I got my ticket this afternoon; I'll give you guys a full report.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
There's a Muppet event going on in NYC this weekend - it's the Muppet Vault, and it looks like it's going to be a few glorious hours of Muppet sing-alongs and jokes, moderated by the guys at Tough Pigs and the MuppetCast. I got my ticket this afternoon; I'll give you guys a full report.
How cool! :smile: We'll be going to New York (and tons of other places) this week, but even if we were there for the weekend, we already have enough plans. :stick_out_tongue:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
wow, that sounds like a lot of fun :wink:

i've got nothing really muppet related happening here [picked up MTM last week, really like it] i've been working rather diligently for the past 3 weeks, just found out today a good friend of mine [who always leaves on different charity things, last year he was building a school in Africa for children affected by AIDS. this year it was something in rural Quebec, and i think soon he's planing on heading to the gulf to help with the oil spill] well, he's just returned home like a week ago and is throwing a party. that's really the only awesome thing going on here.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Just got in a little while ago from The Muppet Vault.

It was really cool - they showed a bunch of clips that haven't been released on DVD or video yet. They started off with the "Muppets at Walt Disney World" special, then there were the YouTube viral videos (including "Bohemian Rhapsody." Yes!), a few SST clips, the "Miss Piggy's Hollywood" episode of the Jim Henson Hour, and finally a bunch of Muppet sing-alongs.

In between, there were Muppet trivia contests: one for the kids, one for the adult casual fans and one for the fanatics, and at the end, they set out samples of Dave Hulteen's Muppet artwork, free for the taking. Among them was a line drawing of Richard Hunt - I made sure to snag one of those. :wink:

The Knitting Factory - it's your basic NYC hole in the wall - a black box theater with a bar next door (where the entrance is). Cool place; I'll have to drop in there again sometime.