Jim Hensons Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLackland

Reaction score
more of the same, I suppose.

As for profit, I know when I bought mine the auction started at 5 cents. A lot of these auctions are not starting at painfully high prices, but because we the fans want these items they are often growing to huge prices. Can we really blame people for profiting when we are the ones creating a profit. granted I got mine for $12 and considering it was a two disk set and I have no idea how much it costs to create,copy, and post these i don't feel that the guy made a huge profit.
Illegal, yeah... Immoral, I wasn't sure at first. But I guess that's where we all are allowed to make our own personal judgement calls. I think the memorial service was a great way to get to know the man that has influenced my life so strongly. I was a child when Jim died, and I remember how upset I was for days. This is just part of my personal quest to learn as much as i can from a hero that can no longer share with me himself. In that, I feel justified. No one has to understand or agree with me I just wanted to put in my 0.02 cents.

The Whatevers

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
I suggest to all who are interested in aquiring this that they contact one of the many traders who frequent this board.

I find it in great distaste that these are being sold and bought for profit, especially when there are many here on MC including myself who have this available for non-profit.

No one should be profiting on someone's death, be it your neighbor Joe who just passed or the most famous person in the world.

So, take a look around right here in the Buy, Sell or Trade section and contact a trader instead of flocking to eBay so quickly.
I agree.

I saw the Popes funeral at my K Mart, I have no idea why that was there, nor did I know why any Australian would want it anyway? (I am Australian by the way :big_grin: )

As for Jim Henson's funeral I would like to own it, but as for buying it. I don't think so.

monster maker

Reaction score
I would also like to see it, Jim meant so much to so many people, this is like the next best thing to being there
Does anyone know where i can get a copy?

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
monster maker said:
I would also like to see it, Jim meant so much to so many people, this is like the next best thing to being there
Does anyone know where i can get a copy?
They are literally all over eBay.

I just saw this thing again. Frank Oz's speech completely tramautized me all over again when he started crying. I mean, he seemed absolutely fine, almost giddy, and then BOOM. Richard Hunt tramautized me too, being in this weird kind of automatic pilot mode as if he took some kind of speech class and was going through the motions, a bit robotically. But the Muppet Medley part was awesome. And the Harry Belafonte too. Definitely worth it.

GonzoIsland

Reaction score
the 'bay

I know there are two on ebay right now. I think they are listed as
The Jim Henson Funeral / Memorial
there is some good stuff on the 'bay these days.
enjoy, I know I love mine

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Tim said:
Muppets need what Disney got-a John Lassiter to ride in and save the day. Any volunteers?
Me. If my fan fiction (see link in signature) is anything to go by, I think I have a decent sense of the tone of Muppet entertainment. I do know that "Kermit's Swamp Years" was one of the worst productions I've ever seen, bar none, and that the quality of writing has gone down and goes for more lowbrow, obvious humor rather than the multi-layered, broad and subtle humor of the glory years. They need someone who can take up the reins of Jerry Juhl. Would that that someone could be me.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I think some sort of Jim Henson funded organization should sell the more rare clips, like the funeral and a collection of interviews. Allthe proceeds going to a charity or something. Isn't that what Jim Henson's Lewgacy is? (the foundation with the same name, not the actual legacy) :smile:

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
and a collection of interviews.
There is an interview on TMTM DVD.:smile: :big_grin: :sympathy: Are there any clips that I can find anywhere?

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
I just won it on ebay!!! :excited: I can't wait to see it! (Sorry for the double posting):embarrassed:

EDIT: Why aren't you aloud to double post?

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
y would you want to put something like that on ebay? sicknin...

Status
Not open for further replies.