Your Thoughts: Kermit and Piggy at the TV Land Awards

rexcrk

Reaction score
Wow...

Kermit and Miss Piggy singing the Muppet Show theme song was so amazing! I loved how they had clips from the first season in the back and everything! Steve's performance of Kermit is great I thought. I like how he's given Kermit so much energy, I especially liked when he sang "Bum bum bum" right before the actual words.

And then when they presented the award for the greatest TV snack (or whatever...) I thought that was great too. Personally I think Piggy sounded great! I said to my sister "That's not Frank Oz performing her... but I think he's doing a great job!".

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
Piggy's voice was especially weak, but nevertheless, I enjoyed it more than anything new I've seen from the Muppets in a long time. I'd just watched Kylie Minogue sing with Kermit on youtube.com a few hours prior, and I think this is what the Muppets do best: sing songs and do short comedy bits!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I really liked both Kemit and Piggy during this. My only complaint was the tease of Kermit in the trenchcoat interviewing people, and then no follow through. I guess I'll have to look online for that...

:smile: :mad:

amiki chan

Reaction score
It was pretty cute I thought. It came on this morning at 9:00 and it's just ending now. Hopefully Piggy will sound better next time.
And I LOVE porkchops!! LOL

Katzi428

Reaction score
amiki chan said:
It was pretty cute I thought. It came on this morning at 9:00 and it's just ending now. Hopefully Piggy will sound better next time.
And I LOVE porkchops!! LOL
It'll be on again tonight on TVLand at 8PM Eastern!:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I really liked both Kemit and Piggy during this. My only complaint was the tease of Kermit in the trenchcoat interviewing people, and then no follow through. I guess I'll have to look online for that...

:smile: :mad:

I really loved the way Kermit did those interviews in his trenchcoat. It brought back the good old days when he was a reporter for Sesame Street's Nursery Rhyme News. Kind of makes you wish he was back there again, doing the same thing.:smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well I like that Kermit still talks about Sesame Street other then just forgetting the whole thing. It's cool to hear the those words come out of his mouth.

Muppetsrock

Reaction score
i saw most of the show last week but, i fell asleep i didn't get a chance to see The Frog and Pig present an award

Leyla

Reaction score
I was quite delighted to see the muppets on TV again. I haven't seen them on air (with the exception of the recent commercials) since MWOO. It was great hearing the theme song (Since when has Piggy ever sung on key anyway?) and I thought the presentation was hilarious, particularly Piggy's "For those of you who are snacking (pause as she stares at the camera) and we can see that you are, stop stuffing your faces for a minute and listen up."
Kermit's reactions to the pork chops were even funnier than Piggy's.

The online stuff is really great too. If you missed it, you can actually see the presentation on the website under show highlights.

Piggy's scoping out the tent of free stuff for "swag" was great, and I loved Kermit's first interview with Patrick and Linda, particularly the flirting between Linda and Kermit and Piggy and Patrick.

My favorite interview was the one that started out with the porkchop guy (I have no idea what his name is, sorry) commenting on Piggy's lack of a sense of humour, and ending with Kermit and Piggy flirting with each other before heading off to "check out Kermit's Tux" in the trailer. It surprised me what with all the "professional relationship" talk coming from Kermit lately.

Ah, just so fun!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I have to agree with a lot of you that Eric's Miss. Piggy is not great. If that's why their doing the whole Auditions thing that Disney is doing, than I'm all for it. Sorry to Eric, but his Miss. Piggy just isn't great. And as for Steve's Kermit, well to be honset, I always kind of thought it was kinda too wussy in some ways, I mean I know Kermit's never really has been a deep voice man's man kinda thing, but with Steve's Kermit, I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I'm not Steve does a bad Kermit, just not too great of a Kermit either. But I guess he's isn't trying to do a "Jim Henson" Kermit.

And and Leyla, that pork chop guy is Chis Knight, just to let you know.