1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Kermit and Piggy at the TV Land Awards

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Just a reminder that Kermit and Piggy will be at the fourth annual TV Land awards on Wednesday night. The ceremony will be televised on TV Land and Nick at Night. After you see the appearance, post here and let us know what you thought.

After the show, visit www.tvland.com to see Kermit in his reporter trench coat and Miss Piggy in her evening gown interviewing celebrities like Patrick Duffy, John Amos, Ted Danson and many others.
  2. janicegroupie

janicegroupie New Member

I wasn't going to watch the show but I decided to flip it on for a second and that second was just before Kermit and Miss Piggy sang the Muppet Show theme song! That was so cool to see I was not expecting it at all. There's just something about hearing that song on tv now that gives me goosebumps!:) :mad:
  3. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

That was great! Classic muppets.... Hope to see more ...
  4. Valentine

Valentine New Member

yea, i had goosebumps myself...

anyways, I thought that there was going to be more...but oh well, I always expect to much for the muppets :)
  5. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Karate Chops: Counted 3 [Two for human dude, one for Kermit]
    Drop Kicks: Counted 2 [Both for human dude]
    Seeing Piggy wig out completely, in classic muppet fashion?: Priceless.

Piggy was spot-on perfect in voice, and acting. Kermit was as always fashionable. I loved his reaction when he saw that the award went to Pork Chops and Applesauce. It was just classic Muppets....wow. I loved what Piggy was wearing too. Kinda harkened back to the first season of TMS, with the pearlescent dress she always wore. Very very nice.

Only nitpick: I could clearly see the joint between her neck and her head. Usually it's very well closed up, and the pearls are large enough they mask it, but this time is was garishly clear.
  6. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

It was great!!!:) It was funny when Miss Piggy was getting mad at Christopher Knight for a certain reason (for those that haven't seen it yet,I'm not giving any more details;) )
  7. AAO

AAO Member

I enjoyed seeing Kermit and Piggy's presentation of the "TV food" award...I mainly watched the show on account of "Cheers" being awarded for the Legend award...I knew the Muppets were to be there, but then when they did the Muppet show theme, it was so sweet. Although, Piggy was a little rough in the vocals...she did speak up a lot more in the presentation of the "TV food" award which went to the Brady Bunch's "Pork Chops & Apple Sauce" - in which Piggy went off on a Christopher Knight, Peter Brady...overall, a nice look back into the past I must say...

Congrates to "Cheers"...
  8. muppetwriter

muppetwriter Active Member

Everything, especially the Muppets, made the show awesome! I love Megan Mullally...that woman is funny! And, for someone who has just a squeaky voice on "Will and Grace", she can sing pretty darn good, too!:) And a huge congrats to "Cheers", "Dallas", Sid Caesar (God bless that man!), Nellie & Dee (two of the brattest "kids" in television), and Grey's Anatomy. Congrats also to Burt Ward and Adam West; though they gave us a pretty messed-up side of Batman and Robin, they sure are some pretty cool dudes.:D

I think some of these stars did awesome jobs performing with Kermit and Piggy. I watched some of the interviews they did with stars like Patrick Duffy, Ted Danson, and Chris Knight, and they all were hilarious! I hope they get them to come back for next year's TV Land awards show.:)
  9. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Yeah...that's what I meant.:) There's a repeat of the TV Land awards on now.
  10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Go to the the behind the sences and you can see Steve and Eric talking about the Muppets. It's pretty neat to see them talk about them and say stuff. I love it and enjoyed the show. Just watch the behind the sences of the Press Tent. Funny stuff to see of Kermit and Piggy.
  11. muppetwriter

muppetwriter Active Member

Yeah. I saw that interview with Eric and Steve. You know, that's the first time that I've seen Eric Jacobson's face and heard his actual voice. How old is he anyway? He looks like he could currently be the youngest Muppeteer out there.
  12. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I was mainly wacthing for The Muppets myself. I flip the channel right when Kermit and Piggy were singing and I flip they were already done. I was so mad :mad: , oh well, I'm sure they reair it.
  13. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I am so mad I missed it I hope the spots will end up on youtube.com
  14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

That's what I was thinking too. How old is he? I thought it was pretty neat and all. I haven't ever seen him either until last night. Awsome jobs.
  15. wes

wes Active Member

They showed the Muppet preformers Steve And Eric wow thats cool sort of behined the scenes stuff:)
  16. christinefood

christinefood New Member

I thought the awards show was muppetational ! i loved every minute of it ..
    i loved the way they included the Muppet's song in the beginning of the show. Congrats to all the winners!
    ..can't wait for next year's show :)
  17. wes

wes Active Member

Uh.... well it's going to be hard to get Jim Back!!:eek: :smirk:

Oh and happy B-Day DevonMiles, happy B-Day to You!!
  18. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Well, that's good. That means he might be around for a while. I really wish I got TV Land so I could have seen it. Sounds like I missed a lot. Hopefully, someone will post some clips of that on You Tube.
  19. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Eric is pretty young. I would say late 30's tops. Steve is no long the young whiper snapper he once was. It's weird how close Steve's voice is the his Kermit voice at times. Much like Jim's voice was close to Kermits at the time.

I do agree that Eric could be better, but he's the best they ahve at the moment. His Piggy leaves much to be desired but his Fozzie is quite good.