Who likes C.S.Lewis books about Narnia?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Do you enjoy the classic 7 book fantasy series written by C.S.Lewis called The Chronicles of Narnia?
They are well-written and have become classics of children's literature.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes they are cool. My favourite is probably The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I have read the first 3. They are great books. (to all who have not read them) It helps if you read the first one, case then you know why some things are the way they are in the lion the witch and the wardrobe

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Clive Staples Lewis was an Anglican church man and he wrote them as a Christian message disguised inside a fantasy The great lion Aslan represents Jesus the Lord God in the creation of the land of Narnia and my most favourite allegory. He gives his life to pay for Edmund's treachery and comes back to life again just like Jesus died to pay for the sins of the whole world both Jew and all the Gentile nations and then rose from the dead as a sign of his acceptance with his Divine Father regarding his offering up of himself.

Very beautiful stories for sharing the Christian message with children.

Daylight

Reaction score
I love those books. I even went to Camp Narnia growing up! I never actually got the whole Christian allegory thing until I was older. Now, I generally just put it aside and try to enjoy them as they are and not look too deep into it. I don't really enjoy the diguised religious message idea, but I still love the books.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Clive Staples Lewis was an Anglican church man and he wrote them as a Christian message disguised inside a fantasy The great lion Aslan represents Jesus the Lord God in the creation of the land of Narnia and my most favourite allegory. He gives his life to pay for Edmund's treachery and comes back to life again just like Jesus died to pay for the sins of the whole world both Jew and all the Gentile nations and then rose from the dead as a sign of his acceptance with his Divine Father regarding his offering up of himself.

Very beautiful stories for sharing the Christian message with children.
My teacher did a whole thing with that. All the symbolism and then we had to take a test on it

peachesncream

Reaction score
i've only gotten through to the hosre and his boy and had a hard time reading it.after i finish the next two books i have then i'll try and go back to it.so far i enjoyed the first two.that horse just doesn't interest me.