What Singers/bands Have You Seen In Concert?

chestermcdragon

Reaction score
saving jane
bo bice
erin mckeown
anne mccue
chicago
styx
bad company
john melloncamp

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Winslow Leach said:
The Beach Boys (2 times, original line-up, sans Dennis & Brian...but both times Carl was with them...onetime member from the very early 60s when the group was just starting out, David Marks, was there too. John Stamos was on drums)
NO WAY!!!!!!!! Augh! I'm so jealous! They're like, one of my all time fave bands!!!!!!!!!

Kiki

Reaction score
I'm a 'little' dissapointed that I didn't see at least ONE concert last year when so many awesome people were touring. So *hopefully* this year if I'm lucky I'll see someone. Rumour has it that America is touring in April (yesss!) and INXS are coming again... not sure when though. I want to see at least one of 'em- ooh I cannot WAIT! (Finger's crossed that I can go!) :excited: :excited: :excited:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Beakerfan said:
NO WAY!!!!!!!! Augh! I'm so jealous! They're like, one of my all time fave bands!!!!!!!!!
:smile: Yep, I saw 'em two summers in a row. Both times the lineup was Mike Love, Carl Wilson, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston, one of Al's sons (who mostly sang the high parts that Brian originally did on the records) and John Stamos.

I saw Brian on the "Smile" tour a couple years ago. There was no opening act. The whole show, which ran over three hours, was Brian Wilson, front and center, and the people who helped him re-create the legendary lost Beach Boys album backing him.

The first half of the show was Brian singing Beach Boys songs (some of them obscure album cuts) and some of his solo stuff; the second half was devoted entirely to "Smile." Then he came out and did two songs for an encore...which, I'm afraid I can't think of right now...

All in all, it was a great evening to see a living legend, a man who once suffered from paralyzing stage fright, take center stage once again.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh I forgot, I also saw the Beach Boys a few years ago, though only Mike Love and Bruce Johnston were present (along with a very talented back up band). It was awesome!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
heralde said:
Oh I forgot, I also saw the Beach Boys a few years ago, though only Mike Love and Bruce Johnston were present (along with the rest of the band). It was awesome!
Yeah, unfortunately the band split into two separate groups shortly after Carl's death and aren't on speaking terms. Mike and Bruce have the right to use the Beach Boys name. For a while, Al was touring as the "Beach Boys," with one or two of his kids and a backing group, until a court order issued him to stop using the name. I think, but I'm not 100% sure, that Al is touring simply under his own name nowadays.

bunsenhoneydew

Reaction score
Oh I'm ever so cool and modern

I saw 'The Wiggles' in Glasgow. Do I mean some hip urban jazz group? Oh good heaven's sake no! It's the furthest thing from! I mean the four children's performers from Oz............(and truthfully, I was so excited for the kids and I to see them.....that I cried a little during the first song.) I know all the words and dance moves to 'Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car' for the love of cheese. Long gone are the days when I used to throw my flash gear on and dance the night away to the Brian Setzer Orchestra and Big Sandy ....sigh :eek:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I've updated my list.

The Rolling Stones - 3
Ween - 2
Jonny Lang - 2
The Flaming Lips - 1
Barenaked Ladies - 3
Tenacious D - 2
Counting Crows - 1
Sufjan Stevens - 1
Ben Folds - 3
MC Chris - 1
Alanis Morissette - 2
Squirrel Nut Zippers - 4
Wilco - 2
Red Hot Chili Peppers - 1
"Weird Al" Yankovic - 3
Fountains of Wayne - 1
Arcade Fire - 1
The Brian Jonestown Massacre - 2
Scissor Sisters - 1
The Who - 1
Of Montreal - 1
Beck - 2
Yo La Tengo - 1
The Moldy Peaches - 1
Gorillaz - 1
TV on the Radio - 1
Sean Lennon - 1

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I have seen:
KISS-29 times
Village People-47 times
Aerosmith-3 times
Bon Jovi-2 times
Ozzy Osbourne-6 times
and for those I have only seen once, they are:
David Cassidy
Billy Joel
Elton John
Jimmy Buffett
KC & The Sunshine Band
Judas Priest
RATT
Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band
Rod Stewart
Patti LaBelle
David Bowie with Trent Reznor
and a some others I just can't think of right now.